Monday, February 23, 2009

Remember as a child creating suction with a cup and thinking how neat it was to have the cup stuck to your face...the longer the better? ...come on, I know I wasn't the only one...
Well, it's one of those things that doesn't get old with kids, it's a classic, like spinning around until you get dizzy, or jumping rope. Here's Blade with his marking. I'm just glad that he didn't leave it on so long that he had a "hickey".

Later I realized that a hickey would have been better than what Blade added to his face later in the day. While I was talking with Sheila last night, he was playing with a dining room chair and the chair flipped and his tooth met the inside of his lower lip...luckily it didn't cut through and there were no loose teeth, just alot of blood. But Blade is a tough boy and minutes later he was fine and ready to jump around again. The lip is abit swollen today but not too bad.

Something Canadian eh?
Did you know that Canadians like their potato pearls? I didn't but apparently they like them so much that a company down here packages them especially for the Canadians, notice the maple leaf AND the English/French wording. I haven't seen that for long time!
see...directions in French and English.
My friend Krissi brought them over yesterday because she knew that I would get a kick out of it. Her husband, Kevin, is a food broker and when he saw this at his company, he thought of me...of course. I have the greatest friends! And I do love potatoe pearls!

5 comments:

.Ang. said...

ahhh.. the things we did as kids that seemed soo fun!

:)

Poor blade is getting pretty beat up!

Brylie had an unfortunate accident at the park the other day. she hit the back of her head which forced her head forward and she hit her mouth and got the same cut that blade had. I'm grateful she didn't get a brown nugget tooth from it!

Lana Dawn said...

good and bad things for blade.. his first hickey (kinda)and then his lip. not so fun.

i like the packaging. i miss that. people ask me if i know french, and its weird because i don't really know it, except for some things i have read on packaging..

Burgess Family said...

Pearl potatoes - we used to be able to buy them at the Church cannery...I was disappointed when I found out we couldn't buy them there anymore. It was good to see they are still out there.

Wow, the impression you are leaving on people - good to have such good friends...thinking about you all the time.

Wilma said...

Sheila, I think that these packages were made for the Church, so you might be getting them soon.

May Takahashi said...

I dojnt know if they have the potato pearls at the church. I prefer the canned ones that you can get at Costco, We don't eat a lot of mashed potatoes. We like to eat baked potatoes or fries
I think we eat more rice than potatoes these days.
Sorry about Blade's injuries. I am glad he didn't knock out a tooth or poke his eye. Bruises usually heal in time.