Friday, October 3, 2008

...there's something I'm suppose to do today...

There's something I'm suppose to do today, what is it? Have children? No, I've done that every decade of my life since I married (and that concerns me because that means I'm due in 4.5 years). Go to work? No, I don't do that until later at 5:00. Go shopping for deals? No, tried that already and didn't find anything to write about.

PICK UP NICOLE! I woke up this morning to find post-it notes all over the house where I would normally spend some time, on the mirror in the bathroom, on the computer, on anything that has to do with food (fridge, microwave, stove, garbage can...). I would think that I had found them all and then I would turn around and find another. Chay and Blade were finding them also. Blade would get excited when he would find a "note". So, I forgot to pick her up yesterday and wanted her to leave a note for me so that I wouldn't forget. Well, I didn't forget. And I wonder what time she had to wake up to strategically place all the notes before she left for school? I'll be the first to admit that my memory just isn't what it use to be. I'll be the first to admit that my memory just isn't what it use to be.


So, I also thought that I would start a blog like the rest of my family so that I can keep them posted on what is going on with my life down here in Utah. I'm excited when I see new entries on everyone's blogs and after talking with Sheila, thought that I would give it a try.

But, now I have to go because I have to go "PICK UP NICOLE".

6 comments:

Papahashi said...

Hey Wilma,
You made me laugh. My memory isn't what it used to be either. My memory isn't what it used to be either. Reminds me of the time I went to the library to get some books on improving my memory and I came home with other books but I forgot the ones I went to get.

I'm sure I'm enjoy reading about your life. That is if I remember to check it out. Maybe I'll have to leave notes.

Sharon said...

Blair and Troy don't drive yet so they have cell phones to phone me when needed: "Are you picking me up?", "Are you on your way?" "When will you be here?", "You just left home??????!!!!!", "Please hurry, I'm hungry!", "You forgot????!!!".

Before cell phones, the kids, especially Troy has waited over an hour for me to pick them up. I would be busy helping Darren with something or dealing with an injured horse. Sometimes, I would just forget to pick up the kids.

It's a good think we have unlimited family to family calling on our cell phones. They are used mostly to co-ordinate where everyone is and where everyone needs to be. Darren lost his cell phone again and we thought he lost it out in the hay field. Yesterday Darren found the phone stuck in the magazine rack in the upstairs bathroom. (Right where he put it!!!!) In July, we did find his cell phone in the hay field but the most amazing place I have found
Darren's cell phone is in a snow drift when I was moving snow with the bobcat by the arena . . . after a month in the snow the phone still worked.

Sharon said...

Have you gone to Costco and forget to get the one thing that you went in to get???? . . . . I have. But I did get a basket full of stuff that a needed . . . HA, HA.

Wilma said...

I go to Costco and do that frequently, and that one cheaper item ends up costing me A LOT more.

I love these comments. It's therapy already for me, and I haven't even much writing and expressing myself!

May Takahashi said...

Talking about forgetting. Dad and I went to Lethbridge a few years ago to pick up car that was getting some repairs. We decided to do some shopping and then decided to have something to eat. We got about a mile from home and realized we forgot the car and so turned back to get it. Now -on our way home from town we always say"Are you sure we didn't forget something.?
Can't figure out how I missed some of the blogs.
They memory loss begins after 40.

.Ang. said...

I'm not sure if the memory loss starts after 40... My memory isn't want it used to be either!... I'M IN TROUBLE!!!

Aren't blog comments nice?!?!? It's nice to know that people are out there!!!

I am SO excited that you started a blog!!!