Friday, October 10, 2008

"I do"

Last night we had the privilege to attend the wedding of one of the sons of "mission parents" of Dave's while he served his mission in SLC. They have been family to us and my kids know them as "Grandma Ginny and Grandpa Ritchie". The wedding took place at Millcreek Inn, a beautiful and quaint cottage in Millcreek Canyon.

It was a perfect setting for pictures, I wish we had the time to take family pictures and that I had Sheila there to take them for me.

This next picture may be the "before" picture like the Disneyland picture Doug had in his trio of pictures.


I thought this simple but elegant piece at the top of the tent was the perfect touch.Blade was well behaved while we waited for the food to be served and found things to keep himself entertained. A folded cloth napkin was such a novelty for him, who knew that people used cloth napkins and not just paper towel...

Nicole and Chay looking mighty fine...
Chay and Grandpa Ritchie after the ceremony. They both clean up so nicely.
Ritchie and Dave looking just as fine...I think Ritchie was Dave's inspiration for his hairstyle.
sorry about the blurry picture but I wanted to share the colors of the trees in the canyon. I was taking this picture while others were taking pictures of the bride and groom during a musical interlude part of the ceremony.
Leaving the festivities. Chay is holding a jar candle which was one of the party favors (I hope it was...because we took one... don't worry, it was) It was dark and so I wasn't sure what would be in the picture but I'm sure Blade was standing by Chay when I started to take the picture.
And I just thought this was so cute to have Chay give up his jacket to his sister who was chilled. And the fact that it pretty much fits. My, how they have grown... (I know Sheila, I need pointers on taking pictures at night)

I couldn't get this picture to change spots in the post but this is the food we were served. Presentation get an A+ and I thought it tasted great also.
Grandma Ginny, Erika(her granddaughter the same age as Nicole) and my Nicole.

I have to leave for work now but I think I now have a blogging problem because I wanted to enter something before I left for work, I didn't want to miss a day...

9 comments:

Papahashi said...

What a good looking family you have. I love the way you take care of each other. It was also nice to see pictures of the your friends...I remember hearing about them through the years so it was nice to see their faces.

Thanks again for all your love and support and for welcoming Alana and I into your home. We loved being with you ...always do.

Love your blog too!
Love, Judy

Anonymous said...

Wow! You ALL "cleaned up" nicely! Nice looking couple you make...! I love it when people invite families to weddings. I love formal weddings too where everyone sits down and behaves themselves! It brings us closer in all ways. "We go to the eternities as families so we should celebrate as families!" Love seeing all the smiles! Luvit...luvit...luvit!

jacquirae said...

everyone is lookin good!!! I really like the pic of nicole with chay's jacket. I should show that one to brent. I was cold and asked for his jacket last month at church and he wouldnt share!!! :(

.Ang. said...

You are a Great looking bunch!!! At a nice looking wedding and great looking food!

"you people" Look like you have so much fun wherever you go!

I love you all!

Angie

Anonymous said...

How our kids have grown ! Anxiously waiting to come and spent a few days with you.
You all look great. Good picture of you and Dave.
Love you all.
Grandmabashi

Anonymous said...

Sorry- made some spelling errors. Should be--your kids and spend not spent .Its late and my fingers aren't cooperating. --and my passcode doesn't work.Grandmabashi

Lana Dawn said...

i am still enjoying your blogging problem! Looks like the wedding was wonderful, you guys all looked great. i do love that action shot of blade running from the picture! and the food looks great too!

were these the people who's house we went to and they had all the pumpkin pie?

Wilma said...

Those are the same people Alana. They always have pumpkin pie to celebrate Ritchie's birthday which is close to Thanksgiving.

I love that action shot of Blade too, with the arms flaring and the mouth moving.

Burgess Family said...

Okay those are some good photos. I did have to laugh about the comment about the night shot of Nicole. We will have to see what photoshop can do.

It looked like it woud have been a good photo of Nicole.

Parties are always fun with friends and family.