Then when Blade woke up and came looking for me, I couldn't keep a straight face when I saw him...what happened last night? His hair was going everywhere! (It did however, have the body and lift that I aim for with curlers, blow dryer, backcombing, lots of hair spray...) I had to work the angles so that I could get a shot without the background being dark so that his "hairstyle" could be displayed.
With family visiting from Canada, we were blessed with Canadian candy. No payment is needed to stay at our B&B but we will not refuse Canadian treats (something that is not ordinarily in our home)!
I lost a picture in the process of trying to change the formatting of the pictures but you'll be able to get the effect. I love the look of pure amazement on Blade's face as he looks at the variety of candy and then tries to decide which one he wants to eat, and then finally make his selection.
Then as soon as Chay headed out the front door for school, I headed out the back door to lay sod that we were fortunate enough to get free from a Ward family who over estimated what they needed for their landscaping. I love to get things that I need for free!
After the kids got home from school we were fortunate to be able to get together with Judy and Alana again and meet at one of our traditional gathering places "Chuck a Rama" thanks to Grandma and Grandpa treating us! (thanks Mom and Dad!)
On the way, Chay found some of Dave's "equipment" in the back of the SUV and of course had to play with some of it. He picked up the paintball gun and I was shouting at him to put that down! That's all we need is to have someone seeing him holding up the rifle looking gun. Chay does not ordinarily look like this...but it does look good on him.
At the restaurant I had to get a picture of the grandkids for Grandma to show our thanks and to show the plate of french fries and gravy that we shared! And where else in Utah can you find french fries AND gravy on the same serving table (thanks Chuck a Rama)? Nothing tastes better with french fries than gravy... Why Americans haven't caught on to this delicacy is beyond me. I'm sure that people think we are strange (crazy) when they watch us pour the gravy on the fries. People do ordinarily look at us like we are strange but this serving suggestion is not ordinary. We were disappointed by the limited lunch selection but when the "supper" selection came out at 4:00, I was very excited to see the butterfly shrimp and despite feeling content, leaning slightly towards full, I HAD to have some shrimp. That made it worth it. Alana was just as excited as me to see the shrimp! Nicole has decided that Chuck a Rama will no longer be one of our traditional places to go with family and that we will go to Chinese Gourmet.
We received a bonus and Judy's sister Marilyn and her son, and two other nephews were also at the restaurant. ( Marilyn's son will be entering the MTC on Wednesday and Judy and Marilyn will be traveling back home together) It has been many years since I've seen Marilyn. Thanks Judy and Marilyn for working your schedule so that we could get together. Seeing Marilyn is definitely something out of the ordinary for me (that could really read wrong couldn't it? Seeing Marilyn is someone I don't ordinarily see...)
Well, that was my day. I feel that I should write something about my day that is profound or life changing but I'm not feeling that. It was a great day and thanks for reading about it and I will leave you with a favorite saying from my High School years "it's better to aim for the stars and miss, than to aim for a pile of manure and HIT IT!"
10 comments:
there is just so much a person could say after reading this blog. i must say that i did enjoy dinner with you guys tonight, even with the lady in the giant pink mumu. And i am regretting eating the shrimp, because i was SO full the rest of the night, but it was delicious and such a pleasant surprise. And you forgot the ending of our day.. running into eachother at NPS, how did you know you would see my mom again? i guess you didn't need to add that, because it really isn't out of the ordinary for our family to be there.
Thanks for dinner grandma!!
oh.. and the yard looks good (if you look over the fence... do people do that to you often?)
Hey Wilma. I love your blog - I like the way you write. Blade's hair has lots of body - it reminds of that picture of the two of you from behind - the one where you have identical hairdos.
In the picture of the two lady's the one on the right is cute.
The lawn looks good. I had the same question as Alana - Do you get a lot of people looking over your fence?
Great job on the blog entry.
The lawn looks great.
That must have been a popular photo of you and Blade from behind with the same hairdo . . . I remember it too. I wonder who has the photo.
Enjoyed your blog. Glad you were able to get together for lunch.
Its after one but i had to check the blogs. We went to Lethbridge today and saw the Emma story. I have read about her life many times but it was good to see it acted out. There was an extra ticket and Jackie Mehalko invited Dad to go . There were 15 Relief Society women and Dad. .
I have to get my teeth cleaned at 10 a.m in P.B--so I better buzz. Love to all
The pictures took awhile to come up. Your back yard looks great, It looks bigger than I remember.
Love the pictures. Thanks.
On Oct. 15 we get high speed. I can't wait.
Mom
haha I read the last couple words of grandmas comment too fast.
"On Oct 15. we get HIGH. Can't wait"
haha I guess "speed" is an important word in that sentence. I was worried!
I loved this post!
I'm glad to hear the man in your bed WAS your husband!
Blades hair is Crazy but the volume is spectacular! Maybe you should get some tips from him! (I think Jacqui has a copy of that picture on her facebook, and I believe i've got it somewhere on this blog.. I'll get it to you if i have time to hunt it down)
When you were talking about Going out to eat and being there in time for the change-over from Lunch to dinner it reminded me of Dad and his itinerary in vegas. We hit up all the buffets right during the change overs! Nothing wrong with Getting dinner for Lunch prices!
Oh, and i have to tell you, when i saw the picture of all the grandkids, my first thought was "Oh, you can't really see Aunite wilma that good in that picture" Then I looked again and it was Blade... haha Just the top of his head though-he looks a lot like you!!! Must be the hair!
haha
Then i laughed about that for a couple minutes.
My family just got a little package with some canadian candy too! Brylie pretty much inhaled the smarties! I really do miss Canadian chocolate!
The Lawn looks great!! and the Price sounds just about right!
Well, I love the blog! Keep it up!
Love you guys!
It's tough to believe that "Canadian" chocolate is missable! (Just added that word to the dictionary) I have the identical wig that blade is wearing ;). Thanks again.
You would be surprised how many people look over the gate if no one answers the door...and you would be surprised how many times we don't answer the door.
I didn't write about NPS, although I found that amazing, because I didn't want people to think that we had a "problem" and hang out at NPS all the time. But thanks Alana, now they know.
Mom, did Dad look like a polygamist at the movie?
I have a picture of me and Blade from behind but I think someone else has a better shot.
Angie, I'm at work and you had me laughing out loud, especially with Grandma and Grandpa getting HIGH!
And that was a great comment about Blade looking like me from the top of the head. "We" must be related.
I miss the Silky smooth creamy chocolatey chocolate. I'm not a huge fan of this dark waxy stuff.
I haven't had chocolate in a while.. Maybe it's a good thing!
When I asked Dad if he wanted to go to the movie I really didn't expect him to go. It was an interesting group. Out of the 15 women there were 13 whose
husbands were either inactive,nonmembers or had passed away. Hope noone was envious or upset that I had my husband there. It never occurred to me about polygamy. haha
. Tickets were 5 dollars each but our group got two for one. 2.50 was a good deal. The theatre made their money on the popcorn and drinks. Dad and I had supper -at Costco- where else and so the theatre didn't make any money on us
Glad you enjoyed supper .
Post a Comment