Thursday, October 16, 2008

"Happy Birthday to Dave..."

Happy Birthday to Dave
(or as Blade would say, Happy Dirthday)

Dave's birthday was yesterday and we finally had a chance to celebrate after I got home from work and after Chay had his soccer practice. I had the thought that a black forest cake (no pun intended) would be nice for Dave and also thought "why should I make one when I know that Sam's Club has a great one" (thanks Doug for exposing me to this cake when we had to pick one up for Alana to celebrate her birthday her first year at BYU!). Dave is so cute smiling big and everything in this picture but that little face on the edge almost steals the show.


Group pictures to mark the 46th year of the man in my life. And the Japanese half of Blade is showing in the above picture, you can see it in his eyes...

Dave hasn't aged much but the kids sure are growing up.

And, Dave cooked his own birthday supper on the barbeque outside. The special touch I like, and had to laugh about, is the lamp Dave had to take outside so that he could see his work. We have to add some class to the event... (okay maybe the lamp minus the lampshade neutralized us out on the classy part). And again, Blade is there to steal the show... I love that little boy...
...I love that big boy also...

11 comments:

Burgess Family said...

Happy Birthday Dave...Looks like you had a good one.

Thanks Wilma for sharing the evening with us.

Papahashi said...

Happy Birthday Dave!

I must be getting old - I don't remember exposing you to any cakes at Sam's Club. Was it you I exposed measles to when we were young? I also don't remember wearing a tux (see Alana's blog).

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dave from the Neilsons! Glad you took time to celebrate. I like the Japanese eyes on Chay.

Papahashi said...

Happy Birthday Dave.
Enjoyed seeing the celebration!!
Love, Judy

Erika said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY UNCLE DAVE!

Lana Dawn said...

Happy Birthday Uncle Dave!!!!

i am amazed at how photogenic blade is in all the pictures! it makes me laugh out loud most of the time actually!

Where are the pictures of you and Dave aunty wilma? i know oyu were at the birthday celebration!!

mm and that black forest cake from sams club was good...

Anonymous said...

Hey...manfriend...Happy Birthday. You are counted as one of the great men I know. Wilma made a good choice when she married you and so delighted that I could be your AK. Thank you for being so good to your family...and to my little family as well.

Wilma said...

Doug, you weren't physically there to introduce me to the cake at Sam's Club but you had me buy Alana a birthday cake and told me she would like a black forest cake when I called and told you the options.

And you were probably the one to expose me to chickenpox and I have the scars to prove it.

Alana, thanks for not noticing me in the second picture, I know, you probably thought it was Nicole, I get that alot (unfortunately it's usually on the phone though...).

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes to Dave, I told him about all of them. He says "thank you".

Lana Dawn said...

that is weird that i missed that picture... it must not have showed up the first time i viewed your blog..

i can see it now!

.Ang. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I love all the pictures! Uncle Dave Looks so happy! But Blade also looks SOO happy to see his dad so happy! Haha

The camera sure loves him doesn't it?!?!

That cake looks HUGE! and delicious!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed you when I phoned. Glad you had a Happy Birthday. Anyway belated greetings. We can celebrate again at the Chinese Gourmet when we get down to Salt Lake. Our car still isn't fixed.
That looks like some CAKE. Did you eat it all.?
Dad and I got our Flu shots today. So far --so good.
Blade is really growing up. Can't wait to see him and his curly hair.
Having trouble sending comments. Hope this goes,
Grandmabashi