Sunday, May 31, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

(2008)
I want to wish you a VERY HAPPY birthday and hope that you are checking the blogs early today so that you know that I am thinking of you today more than usual.
You have achieved alot over the years and I hope alo
t of your birthday wishes have come true. I don't recall making you a birthday cake for your birthday...what's up with that? But if I was with you today, I would definitely ask you what kind of cake you would like for your birthday and make it for you!

You've even been there for Nicole to make a birthday cake for her on her 2nd birthday. (sorry about the blurry pictures)
(1993)
Just a few pictures to send us down memory lane (to go along with pictures that Doug and Sheila had for Mother's Day)

1989 on my wedding day with Brother and Sister Pinnock in Salt Lake City.


1992 It didn't take long for the grandkids to learn that there is ALWAYS something good in Grandma's purse!
1994 strumming the ol' Barney bango Nicole received on her3rd birthday


Just hanging out on the floor with Nicole playing a Barney memory game (before our memories started go....)

1997 (?)Mesquite, NV
I loved that you and Dad came down to visit twice a year my entire time down here in Utah until only recently.
1997(?) I love that you always do things with my kids. Although we live 800 miles away, they still have many opportunities to spend time with you and they know who you are as a person, and they like spending time with you.
1997 Finishing up a baby blanket for Chay...and you finished it while you were here for his baby blessing!

1997 at Chay's blessing.



Showing off your "chopstick" skills while playing a game with Nicole and me. (200?)

2008 Happy after Alana cut Blade's hair so that he looked like a boy...
2008 Working hard as usual even while "getting away".

2008 Making your GREAT cinnamon buns while giving Alana a private lesson.

Relax today and do whatever you want today! I love you MOM and wish you the Happiest of Birthdays and an exceptional year!

4 comments:

Lana Dawn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA!!!

i love you!! thanks for all you've taught me over the years. i feel lucky to have you as my grandma!!

Love you

May Takahashi said...

Thanks Wilma for the trip down memory lane. I didn't know you had all those pictures of me. I had never seen that picture of Br.& Sis Pinnock with Dad and I. Its nice to have since he passed away a few years ago.
We have had some good timers with all our grandchildren but the time comes that one has to slow down when it comes to travelling distances. Its wonderful though that there is internet and we can keep in touch through pictures ,and ichat.or phones. We are never far apart.
We may go to Lethbridge this afternoon to meet the family of a Leslie Higa (age 53) His Dad'stwo sisters married Auntie Chuck,s (Denny Takahashi,s mom)two brothers.. He is also a cousin to Debbie Higa Neilson who is married to Darren,s brother .
Thanks again Wilma I am enjoying this quiet day after a busy week .Next Wednesday we go to Tony Romas for my free meal since we have to be in Lethbridge for appointments.

Papahashi said...

Happy Birthday Mom.

Wilma - I don't have anything to blog now because you posted pictures.

Burgess Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

Thanks for the photos Wilma.

Now I need to go and see what I can find for photos of Mom...I'm amazed at how many you were able to find.