Welcome to Hogle ZooThis was quite the warm and impressive welcome. It isn't often that you see a Bald Eagle so close up without a fence in front of it.
Saturday was a nice day, not too hot and not too cool, and we headed to the zoo at 9:00 am to beat the Holiday Weekend rush. This summer's attraction is a Madagascar theme and it opened this weekend. There was a
Fossa inside but it was sleeping and so it was uneventful to look at...it was cute though (while sleeping with glass between us). Blade thought it was a baby foosa but no, it was full size.
My monkeys and...
...how they are growing....
...if Chay's arms were a foot longer, he would
measure up to an Orangutan
perfectly.

...still a monkey in training...

The new carousel is a must for Blade and he was happy that he got the wolf again (it's actually labeled a "coyote" but he
knows that it's a "wolf").
Blade has been wanting to go to the "bird show" since our last visit to the zoo, since we didn't have enough time to wait that time. I was so looking forward to seeing what the show would involve this year because last year when Doug, Judy and the girls were visiting, there was a surprise part that had me laughing so hard that I was crying. It was the best bird show I had ever seen because of that one part.

We made sure that we were first (okay, second) in line so that we could get the seats of our choice.

The birds were really flying low this year and Nicole and I could feel something (breeze? wing?) when one bird swooped down to the stage.
Unfortunately, there was not that "special" moment in the show this year when an employee pretends to be a member of the audience. There was no comedy this year. I do like my comedy and was so looking forward to the new act this year....maybe next year.
3 comments:
Looks like you had a good time at the zoo on Saturday.
The weather also looked warm. Glad you all had a fun time.
I could really see the resemblance in the monkey picture.
The zoo looked liked a good time...too bad Utah is so far away. We would love to come to the zoo with you.
goood.. you're alive toO!!
So glad to have an update from you! i miss you guys!!
looks like you had a good time at the zoo. I wasn't with you guys when you had that hilarious bird show.. and it sounds like now i might never get to experience it.
Post a Comment