Friday, May 8, 2009

As you wish Doug

Just for you Doug!

When your trip to Utah had come to an end, you sincerely requested that I go to Pat's and try out the ribs for you. And I am not one to disappointment and so that is what we did tonight!

We called in the order so that we wouldn't have to wait and could just pick up and go home to eat... it wasn't crowded at all at the take out window. We couldn't see the entire "dining room" from there, just one table.

I picked the "2 meat" dinner and picked ribs and chicken. I gave the side of mashed potatoes and gravy and cornbread to Blade. I was able to eat one rib and maybe 1/4 of the 1/4 chicken. It was a lot of food.

Nicole decided on the pulled pork sandwich and picked mustard greens for her side.

Dave picked ribs and brisket (sorry no picture, he had already started to tear it apart).

Tangent...Dave was so looking forward to eating some free grilled chicken from KFC but since that whole ordeal was a complete disaster, he came home from work and said we needed to go to Pat's.
For those of you that have been busy with life up in Canada, Oprah's mention of coupons for free 2 piece grilled chicken meals at KFC has been the talk of the town all over the USA...when Oprah speaks, everyone listens. The first night Nicole and Chay went to get two meals while Dave and I stayed home with a sleeping Blade (he wore himself out at Discovery Gateway and slept for 12 hours that night!) They had to wait for the food but it wasn't too bad. Dave and I then went and were told that it was a 45 minute wait..needless to say, we didn't wait. But we went back last night, only to find out that the coupons were not being honored but instead rebates would be given out for staggered dates in the future if we filled out a form and returned it with the coupons attached. They had the grilled chicken available but you would have to pay the $3.99, no thank you. If this had happened to Doug, I know that he would have written an exceptional dissertation about his experience, me however, just the facts (my days of elegant writing ended when I received that piece of paper from BYU).

Our conclusion? Well, it was good but it's not something that I would rave about and HAVE to have (not like the Cafe Rio salad). Nicole hates the feel of fatty meat in her mouth and so she wasn't thrilled about the sandwich, and the bbq sauce was too thin for her liking. Dave thought the mustard greens were very good. And I know that Blade snarfed the cornbread. I like Dad's BBQ ribs a lot better, and how they just fall off the bone.

I may go back to try some of the daily specials so that I can give an honest review.
I may try all the Salt Lake locations that are featured on Drive Ins, Diners and Dives (or is it Diners, Drive Ins and Dives?). I've tried Moochies Philly Steak Sandwich and I like it. I don't know how the others felt about it...I just know that the other's weren't eating their sandwiches and so over the course of 2 days that's all I ate.... (Isn't that a Dad's job?)

This next part isn't fulfilling a request of Doug's but it did fulfil a request of Blade's. On Wednesday we went to Discovery Gateway and today we went to the Zoo. What did the two have in common? Alot of kids on fieldtrips!

Blade's goal was to ride the wolf on the carousel! And he DID IT! He didn't want me to even touch it while he was riding it.

I found it interesting that we went to the zoo and the first things that we did before even looking at a single animal, were ride the train and play in the playground.

I hope everyone had a great day!


3 comments:

May Takahashi said...

I know it was for Doug but I read it anyway. I am not sure I liked the look of the ribs.Too bad about the KFC.Since it was free I guess it doesn't .help to complain.
Blade seems to have had a great time with you on
those rides. I have never seen wolf rides.

Wilma said...

Mom, it was for everyone... I just wanted to make sure that Doug read it and didn't skip over it.

Burgess Family said...

Free food...and I missed it. To think I could have come to visit you and ate free...if I waited in line and then a coupon to use later.

The photos of the food didn't look all that great...so ya I was wondering what they tasted like.

Blade looked so happy. Zoos are fun...looks like he has his priorities in the right order.