Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day Mom!

I hope both the cards we sent you arrived before Mother's Day, if not, you have another card to look forward to receiving. I had great visions of creating a blog in "Angie style" but I had my eyes done at Moran and those visions were only in my head ( actually Moran does great work but, whenever I visually make a mistake, I just say "I had my eyes done at Moran"). Plus, I'm not at home while I write this (I'm at work and it's after midnight), thus, I haven't access to any pictures.

I do want to thank you for being the best Mom I could have. I know that I have written before many of the things that I admire about you and how I would love to be more like you when I grow up. The other day I was thinking about how you have always made our family your first priority. I know that not because you said those exact words but because you showed it in your actions every single day and continue to demonstrate that same quality even though your "baby" is 46.

You truly show your love and commitment by your actions. The amazing thing is, you are so humble that you truly don't realize how extraordinary you really are. I'm blessed to have a Mom that took and found the time to make cute clothes for me when I was younger, I still remember having the best apron for cooking class in grade 7. And I don't remember where you got the reversible ponchos with the hoods but I loved those, AND the crocheted ponchos also! I'm was so proud to have a Mom that made great treats for the parties at school, everyone was jealous but, happy that they got to eat one. And Mom, how you organized supplies for all our wonderful trips I don't know. You made being a mother seem so much easier than what I have found it to be. Unlike me, my children will NEVER be able to say that they have never heard their mother raise her voice. I always knew that I had your support in whatever I did...thanks for always being there to listen to me go on and on while in tears because I was so stressed about school, I am so glad those days are over (I beat you are too). I'm sure there were other incidences also.

Sorry for all the worrying I caused you while I was a teenage out late. I now realize just how worried you must have been now that I worry when Nicole is out late. And without cellphones back then to call to check up, I must have made you sick. You are younger than your years physically but just think how much younger you would be physically and mentally if I hadn't caused you to worry so much. Of course you still had Doug, Sheila and Sharon....

People in Utah talk about their "Pioneer" heritage. Well, I have a wonderful "pioneer" heritage also. Grandma and Grandpa Shimbashi traveled to Canada to start a new life and achieved so much, and like them, you over came so much to achieve just as much. You pioneered getting a education when the Japanese were discriminated against and you were the first generation to join the Church in our family. And look how that has increased the Churches membership...not with just our families but through missionary work also.

I need to finish up for now but Mom, thanks for still being there for me, for making your strawberry jam for my kids, for always remembering and sending cards for birthdays and anniversaries, for treating us to dinners out whenever family comes down to visit, and for BEING YOU and loving ME.

7 comments:

.Ang. said...

Happy MOthers day Grandma!!!! and Happy Mothers day tot you as well Auntie Wilma!! Thanks for this wonderful post and also for being willing to email me some of your thoughts to help me with my talk!

Burgess Family said...

Ditto to everything Wilma said. A couple of things I really like about Mom is her PATIENCE and SERVICE and LOVING EVERYONE...and how she never forgets anyone's birthday or anniversary.

Thank you Wilma for the Mother's Day card - you are one up on me. Had trouble finding the photo and the money though.

I wanted to do a post for Mom as well, but am having troubles seeing - poking my eye in a branch yesterday at our cub activity didn't do wonders to my vision or my new eyeglasses. That is a separate blog one day when I can fully see again.

Anyways, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all MOMS out there.

Sharon said...

Happy Mother's Day Mom!

In addtion to Wilma and Sheila's comments:

You are one of a kind - always more concerned about everyone else more than yourself. . . you worry too much . . . but I guess someone has to do the worrying.

The amazing thing is that you are so patient and you have never yelled.

You have always been there for us. In relation to sewing us clothes, I remember that Sheila and I were the best dressed sailers in a grade 4 (not sure which grade) class play.

Thanks Wilma for the Mother's Day card. Thanks Mom for the Mother's Day card that is coming.

Happy Mother's Day to all Mothers!

AK said...

From where I sit and see it....

Thanks Wilma for recognizing 'our' pioneer heritage - it isn't ALL just about those who crossed the plains! Heavenly Father has a plan for all his children as they travel their route to the promised land (and life).

Good mothers are taught and mentored and thanks to "my" good SIS...there are a whole lot of good mothers on this blog train. (and potentially great mothers)
My sis's Mom was no slouch either - she also didn't yell ....OH except once to which I now attribute to menopause and two bratty kids still at home at that time. (Pat&K)
haha
hahaha
HA

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY EVERYONE -

You go girls......!
Yeah for SISTERMOTHERHOOD!

AK said...

oh....and also....
That 'no yelling' gene - it passed me up - I didn't get it.

May Takahashi said...

Thanks for all the mothers day Greetings and for all the compliments. I am not sure I deserve them all.
The greatest joy a mother can experience is to see their children grow up to be decent,dependable ,caring,responsible and loving parents themselves.
Thanks to all my kids for fitting into that mold. I know that you are all capable of living your own lives.WE will continue to worry about all of you but that is what parents do as you have no doubt found out.,as you all have your own families now.
Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers. None of us are perfect-we just do the best we can. It takes time and experience and so you young mothers-
don't be discouraged-- we have all.been there.

candice Takahashi said...

I was going to say - Sorry that I read this even though it was for mom (See Wilma's last blog entry to see what I'm talking about).

Happy Mother's day Mom and all the other mother's - my sisters and aunts especially.

Thanks for the nice entry Wilma. It was nice. I don't remember mom sewing me any dresses but I did have that sharp band uniform - remember those? But she did mend my football jersey more than once.

I can't remember mom yelling either - Like you Wilma, my kids won't be able to say that about me.

And thanks for your comments Mom.