Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Week in Review...

Chay received coupons for free bowling and HAD to invite a friend to go bowling last Saturday! I told him that Blade would have to join them and he was okay with that.

We took advantage of everything we could, the bumpers and this "aid" for Blade.

...pretty good form...
The interesting thing is that after a few balls, I told Chay that he needed to keep his eye on where he wanted the ball to go. Well, he tried that and he was getting strikes and spares...and then said to me, "why are you always right?" (I'm not always right but it's nice to hear once in a while from my own child).

On Sunday we received "The Easter Story" in Primary. I love this activity which teaches about Easter with 12 surprises in each egg.

We went through the Easter Story as soon as we got home...

and Chay and Blade enjoyed the bag of chocolates that also came with it. The chocolates came from "V Chocolates" and so the chocolate was VERY good (we're lucky to have "V" in our Ward!).

Blade has wanted to go to Chuck E Cheese's every time he sees the commercial and Dave and I told him that when he can go to school two times in a row being happy (and not crying and saying I don't want to go to school), we will take him. This week he did that and made sure he told me that multiple times! So, on Thursday, we headed south (the closest on to us is 100 blocks away) and went to Chuck E Cheese's. Dave mistakenly called it it "Chuck E Cheese" and Blade became very animated and corrected him telling him "NOT Chuck E Cheese, Chuck E Cheese's!.
Chay attacked the pizza!

...okay, so it's alittle greasy...

Of course I was able to find a great coupon and so for a decent price we had pizza, drinks and 160 tokens to play games and ride things. Chay found a game similar to the one my cousin Wayne runs at the fair (very addictive game) and Chay discovered that the game gave out a lot of tickets. Chay overheard one mom tell her son "follow that boy and play the games he's playing". After Chay played, that machine was busy the rest of the evening.
The tickets were just flying in the counter.

...that's alot of tickets....
...and it took just as long to pick the prizes as it did to use them up, if not longer...
Blade loved this "monster truck" and had to ride it more than once. It would rise up and tip and bounce around.

Conference Weekend

We met Candi and Alana (and friends) after they attended the morning session for General Conference and enjoyed a meal at Cafe Rio. As soon as Nicole got home from Lacrosse practise we let her change and then took off to Cafe Rio. Nicole and Blade saved us a table and then what did I do? I forgot to order her salad...oops! I did remember Chay's and Blade's food though. So Nicole placed a take out order and in 10 minutes I walked around the corner and picked it up. It was like she wasn't meant to have the steak salad because this time a steak burrito was made instead of the salad but, I waited while they corrected the order.

From the way people were dressed, I would safely say that alot of people came to eat at Cafe Rio after attending Conference.
Then we went home to enjy the afternoon session at home.

They sure so look like sisters don't they?

We watched a couple of movies while Blade patiently waited, and then he played the Wii with Candi.

It was fun for everyone...

The next morning we had pineapple with our breakfast and Blade made sure that he got his share. Poor guy, afterwards his tongue was sore.

Not only did my brother Doug find a new tradition for Conference, so did we!
We played bingo listening and waiting for certain words to be spoken by the prophets, and the girls colored the ties worn by the prophets and took notes.
Chay won the bingo during the morning session and then the girls took it more seriously during the afternoon session. Chay did win the bingo again.

This worked out great. As Chay said himself, this is the first time he has listened so long during Conference...and that was after the first hour.


During the 2 hour break between sessions, Alana and Nicole had a cooking show demonstrating making Nanaimo Bars. Hopefully we will see that on Alana's blog...
But after the afternoon session we did Ukranian eggs, something that Chay has wanted to do for weeks now. Every since he did it for the first time a few years ago, he looks forward to this but we missed last year. My sister Sheila has provided all the supplies for me and for that I am thankful! If it weren't for my sisters, I would be missing out on alot of things in life.
Unfortunately for Chay, he did get a bad burn on his finger, it'll leave a nice scar.


We discovered that Candi may be part Ukranian because dang, her egg was impressive. AND when we started she told us she had never done these before...I know my instructions weren't THAT great.

Nicole got the hang of it also.
It was surprising how many eggs we cracked. We started out with two cartons of 18 and ended up with 20 eggs. I still need to varnish the eggs but, check out these sisters...
Well, we delivered Candi and Alana safely back to Provo. We sure did have a fun week end with them and are glad that their plans changed and enabled them to spend the night with us. Family is wonderful and the time spent with them is priceless and so memorable. My kids have so much fun with their cousins and are excited the entire time! Blade has more energy than ever when extended family is around...there's no energy being sucked from his body...

Congratulations Candi on graduating from nursing!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Thanks for the weekend highlights. Sounds like a fun time at Chuck E Cheese's . . . especially the tickets coming out of the machine. Sounds like everyone had a great time while Candi and Alana were visiting.

Lana Dawn said...

Thanks for a great weekend!!!

we had a lot of fun. Blade must have had a good time at Chuck E Cheeses because he told us all about it.

so glad that there really wasn't any energy sucking!!

May Takahashi said...

Wonderful blog. It makes me happy when I hear family get along so well and have a lot of fun together.
Hope you have a wonderful Easter week. Its really nice and warm here today.
I remember making those eggs but I have forgotten how its done. It hasn't been that many years ago.I think it may have been at your house.
Love to all.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much fun for having Alana and I this weekend, we both had a wonderful time. I love hanging out with family and I enjoyed all the activities and food. I always have a great time with your family, it was nice to see how much your kids have grown up, they are so sweet. I loved seeing how kind and thoughtful they were to not only me and Alana but to each other as well, they are great!

Thanks again, love you!
Candi