Monday, March 23, 2009

Would you believe it's officially Spring?
This morning we woke up to snow covered everything, and although the picture doesn't show it, it was still snowing lightly. After such nice weather the past week, it was weird to wake up to snow and cold temperatures. Of course it's all relative because those relatives reading this while sitting somewhere in Canada are not empathizing with me. However, those of you reading this while sitting somewhere in Hawaii...well, you're just happier than usual that you're in Hawaii.


I'm had a moment of feeling like Angie today!



I had made dinosaur grilled cheese sandwiches for Blade and while he was eating them, ironically there was a dinosaur program on TV!

Next is another catch up of what has been going on since my last posting.

Friday was Chay's last snowboarding had with the school program. Dave and I didn't give him a choice about doing the program this year and I'm glad we didn't (last year he decided he didn't want to go snowboarding) because he had a lot of fun and is excited about going snowboarding next season with Nicole. I told him that we would have to get them season passes before the season starts so that we can get a great price.


Since the weather was so nice last week and I was home during the day because it was my "call week", Blade and I went to the park a couple of times.

He really enjoyed playing in the sand and after the first trip (when he was able to borrow a shovel for a short time in the sand box), he "had" to have his own sand toys and we searched for the "right" sand toy. The first trip he had seen some kids sitting in the sand/water table and so the second time he had to do the same.


Apparently, Blade likes to pose from small openings...and stick out his tongue.


He also likes to go down slides head first...it kind of scares me but I made sure I was within reach at the bottom if I needed to "save" him. He's the daredevil, if he tries something and falls, runs into something or the execution isn't just right, he'll just get up, dust himself off and say, "I'll get it this time" and try again.


I tried to explain to Blade how a sundial worked and that it was what people used before watches and clocks but, he didn't believe me.



Chay found an inexpensive Nickelodeon Scene It game and it was so refreshing to see the kids playing well together.
(a rare Nicole siting...she is so busy with school, lacrosse, peer court, and friends that I don't get much time with her or pictures.)
However, last week end I did do something with/for her that I never thought I would ever be doing for Nicole. I was making "tutu"s (yes, tutus) for her and 3 of her friends! It was for Spirit Week at school. I still need to get a picture of Nicole in her tutu....

I found a double pack of "Silly Putty" for 79 cents and thought it would be a fun treat for the boys to experience something I played with as a child. And surprisingly, they had alot of fun with it.


I can't explain this next photo, I was not the photographer. It looks like a Chay-Blade operation.
A couple of weeks ago, we knew Blade was sick when he spent the week end just lying on his dog chair and not eating. Dave took him to our pediatrician (who is from Calgary and I've known since my BYU days working at the Student Health Center), and both Blade and Dave were treated for Strept.

It was a rough 10 days for Blade, Dave and me as Blade had to take an antibiotic twice a day. And according to Blade, this one was "yucky". It was a fight everytime except the last day. I started the final count down the day before the last day and so he was happy to be taking the final two doses.

I love my kids when they are sleeping! Ahhhhhhh....
Even in his sleep, Blade wants to be just like Nicole and Chay...

6 comments:

Lana Dawn said...

i was wondering if you guys were okay..

i guess you weren't.. with blade being sick. i love all the pictures and all the fun it looks like you've been having.

a lot of the pictures on your blog of nicole include her sleeping (not a lot.. but a few) i guess she really is busy!

what are you guys doing this weekend?

Burgess Family said...

Those photos at the park actually look refreshing...we are still sitting in the snow here. It snow yesterday and is suppose to snow again this week sometime.

May Takahashi said...

Glad to have you back on the blog. The kids seem to get older each time. Blade really seems to be growing physically.
It looks like a fun time you and Blade had a fun time at the park. Hope everyone is feeling better. That flu seems to spread easily. Just don't give it to anyone else, Its cooler and its supposed to snow again on Wednesday and be cool for the weekend and maybe snow flurries on Sunday.

Papahashi said...

I liked your update but I realized that I am one of those relatives reading this while sitting somewhere in Canada are not empathizing with me that you refer to.

Read my blog for more details.

.Ang. said...

I am definitely not missing the snow around here!!!

I love the sandwiches you made! It really doesn't take much to make things fun for the kids! I need to get some good "anytime" shapes! All i really have are christmas ones... and Ironic that there was a dinosaur show on?? I think it was a small miracle! :)

I hope you guys are all feeling 100% soon!!!

Thanks for all the pictures! It's fun to see what you guys are up to!

I love the pictures of Blade at the park!! What a cute "Almost 4 year old!"

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I love the dino sandwiches with the Dino TV program (lol with no one around to hear me). Great photos. . . glad to see we are not the only ones with snow still.

I don't have time to blog . . . so here is the family update:
Jacqui-March 27 U of A all night games (annual events with teams playing physical games all night and winner determined by points(Jacqui will hopefully blog)), studying for finals, coaching U15 Girls team
Brent - helping coach U17 boys team(Blair), studying for finals
Craig-Rugby, helping Jacqui coach U15 girls
Blair- U17 Spring,Basketball
Troy- U15 Spring Basketball
Darren-Studying for an exam March 28th,year end finances, would like to get to training horses.
Sharon - Hobby(doing finances), regular multi-task mother, farm manager