I started making Blade's cake after he had gone to bed last night and while I was decorating it, he woke up and wouldn't go back to bed until I was done and went to bed myself (and for those of you wondering, he did not get dressed for the picture, he had fallen asleep with his clothes on and we're smart parents and didn't want to wake him to put PJs on.
These are the trucks from Grandma and Grandpa. You pull them back and then they take off, there are also buttons on them that make siren/horn sounds and some also talk.
Again, love that Blade is truly loving the birthday celebration.
Last night Chay made a great birthday sign for Blade so that when he woke up he would be welcomed by this BANNER!
Another one of Blade's cars. He's really into vehicles and he wanted a BIG monster truck for his birthday.
"What do you want for your birthday?"
"A big monster truck that I can drive outside on the road!"
"You're not old enough to drive yet"
"That's okay, you can drive and I'll sit in the back"
Well, I'm not a Monster truck type of gal and so Blade received a remote control Monster truck...which he loves and Chay loves. I don't have a picture of it because it was constantly moving and it would have been a blurred picture. I heard Chay ask a couple of times, "will my presents be as cool as Blade's?"
Happy Birthday to Doug!
I love my brother so much that I had a son on HIS birthday (do you know how much planning that takes?). I almost had Chay on Doug's birthday but missed it by 7 days. It's a good thing I made it with Blade because I don't think I could manage a third attempt.
I often hear "you sound just like Uncle Doug", or "you sound just like my Dad". That's a compliment to me. However, I wish I were more like my brother.
Blade wouldn't say it to you on the phone but he does wish you a
"Happy Dirthday"
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Blade.
Thanks for the kind words Wilma. I love you so much that I named you after a character in my favorite TV show. Aren't you glad it wasn't Lassie.
See you in a few days.
Doug, you don't know how much so...
i am glad your name isn't Lassie too.
but how nice of chay to make a banner. he is so thoughtful.
looks like he is sure happy and satisfied with how is birthday turned out
That was a wonderful job you did on the cake. You really go to a lot of work. I made birthday cakes for you kids but they weren't as -should I say cool as yours. I am glad that Blade was happy with his birthday present. Thank you for picking it out for us .
Sorry I was so late reading the blog. I just managed to get to the computer at 11 p.m. I finished sewing all three zippers in the sweaters.
Blade looks really thrilled about his cake. He is so cute --and growing, All your kids are growing too fast. Enjoy them while they are still at home. I miss all my children too-but as they say there is a time and season for everything.Its nice to keep in touch via the telephone and internet. When there are pictures its almost like you are there. Thanks for the sharing.
Your cakes were wonderful Mom! On my birthday I always looked forward to going downstairs to be welcomed by one of your birthday cakes...I was never disappointed. I did that until I left home for University.
I miss you too Mom. You need to come down again.
Post a Comment