A lot can happen in a few weeks.
Just ask Elder Brent Neilson.

This was the first Sunday that we visited Brent in the hospital, he put on a great face for the camera.
(error: This was when Jacqui arrived. He has the oxygen on, he wasn't wearing that when we first saw him. But he still put on a great face for the camera...check him out a few pictures later).
Chay and Blade keeping themselves entertained on the way home from the hospital.
Blade then had a cavity that needed to be filled. He was an ideal patient while getting the work done. TVs above the chairs really do make the time pass more quickly. Times sure have changed since I was a child getting fillings; and I'm talking about more than just the "spit bowl".
Jacqui's arrival to her brother's bedside.
This picture show more accurately how Brent was really feeling.
It was Dr. Seuss' birthday and a local grocery store had cookies to decorate as part of their celebration.
March 8th, brought a winter surprise overnight.
In Provo, Jacqui didn't receive any of the snow.
Last Sunday Brent was feeling so much better and stated he had been craving a strawberry/banana smoothie since he go there and so we found one for him.
That was the meal he needed because the smell of the cod that was served for supper made him nauseated.
Chay's show choir at school had a performance and it was nice to have Brent there. I told Brent that we needed to hurry and eat so that we could get there in time to at least get a seat because in the past it has been packed. Well, this time it was just the show choir and no other group and so it was pretty much empty when we got there and not too full when it started (I'm sure Brent thought I was crazy).
March 19th and getting ready for a return to the MTC in the near future.
Brent needed a haircut and his Mom wasn't around to give him his usual haircut and since I only trim my kids' hair, I made an appointment for Brent where I have taken my boys before and I liked Brent's comment as we parked, "it's a real barbershop, this is legit!"
Chay was laughing at me after I made the appointment because I was wondering who I should make an appointment with and I told the person I didn't need a black haircut, I needed a white haircut.
The owner is Ray (seen with Brent) and he is white but the barbershop is known as the place that you go for a "black" haircut.
I don't think Brent got the "black" haircut though....
He did have a great time there though. He had his neck shaved with a straight edge razor, his hair vacuumed (to remove all the cut hair) and had a shoulder massage....
By the way....Brent is an EXCELLENT tipper!
Time to go and get ready to watch Troy's basketball game online!










4 comments:
the only person that looks crazy at the show choir is blade. that story of getting there early somehow reminded me of when we went to that play at Nicole's school - that was something to remember.
Glad to see brent is feeling better now! and glad to have so many posts from you lately!
LOVE YOU GUYS!
Thanks for the update. Things seem to be doing well at your house. Thanks for taking good care of Brent.
He is looking much better. Hope he feels as good.
Chay looks great in his formal wear. BY the way how was the program?
WE watched Troy's game. Too bad they lost but it seems the other team were ahead all though the game. They were tied once though. Grandma
Can't seem to make send this by pressing PUBLISH YOUR COPMMENT
Thanks Wilma for the blog entry.
Glad Brent was able to have a "barber" experience and fun with your family.
Thanks for the blog entries!
Thank you for all your help and being there to help out Brent! It was great that you live so close to Provo.
Brent looks great!
Post a Comment