Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Deja Vu...(Visiting Elder Neilson) and I Love You



He's OKAY!

Elder Craig Neilson recovered amazingly from General Anesthesia.


Dave and I drove quickly but, safely down to Provo to see Craig in recovery at the Surgical Center before the MTC van took him away. Martha, the nurse, was very kind and I know she kept him there until we arrived because when I saw Craig, he was alert and talking (met the requirements I have for discharge).
Okay, the next picture doesn't look like he's so alert but...

He had received some pain medication shortly before we arrived but he didn't remember any of that. The left side of his face is alittle droopy because of the block he received to numb his left shoulder (face, arm, hand...)


Shhhh, don't tell...
I called Sharon and let Craig talk to her and Darren so that they could rest assured that Craig was doing well. I'm sure all of this is fine under these circumstances...I've concluded that after the "Brent incident".



Craig's little piece of Heaven.

The cooler looking thing on the floor has ice in it and circulating water that keeps cool/cold water flowing through the pad that is wrapped on Craig's shoulder.



Craig had a companion with him while at the Surgical Center, not his regular companion but one from his District. I've read and heard that Craig has had a Hawaiian companion and also one from Tonga. I wasn't too surprised to hear that because while in recovery, Craig was talking with an accent and it was kind of Islandish. He was FUNNY too! It could have been the drugs but whatever it was, I thought he was funny.

Good Bye again...


I have more to blog on another topic but again, technical difficulties are preventing me from doing that now. AND I'm sure they are "technical" difficulties.


I problem solved and got the pictures I needed!
I had forgotten to blog Brent's final send off.


Brent had a follow up appointment with his surgeon and it was impressive walking into the office building (business is good...). I made Nicole and Brent stop for a picture because I wanted family to feel like they were there.

The wait was not long and the visit was almost as short, and Brent passed the test and was on his way back to the MTC...after stopping for lunch of course.


Checking in at the front desk.




Brent and the MTC President just before the final departure.
They take things very seriously there...that's all I'm saying.


Nicole and Chay both had their phone contracts end about the same time and were up for free updated phones. Here they are playing with their new toys AND very pleased with them.



Over Conference weekend, Calvin's (my cousin) and Trish's daughter Cleah and her boyfriend were guests of ours. We didn't see them too much as they kept busy doing things around the area but, we did get to visit with them a little bit and enjoyed getting to know Cleah better and meeting Carlos.

I treated them like family while they were here and just left them fend for themselves.

Between Conference Sessions on Sunday we played Dutch Blitz and for me, it was intense playing. I started the second game but had to drop out when the intenseness had me rushing to the bathroom...
So, we know that Brent is the whiz (no pun intended) in Sharon's family, Chay seems to be the quick one in my family, and heard that Calvin is the one to beat in the other Takahashi family (although Cleah is up there with the top). We'll be practising Dutch Blitz at my place so this summer when we come up, we'll be ready!


Cleah came with her boyfriend Carlos but she left Salt Lake City with her FIANCE Carlos!
The status change occurred on Friday.







4 comments:

Papahashi said...

Its nice that you are down there to check on them. How many families have pictures of 2 of their missionary sons in the hospital?

Sharon said...

Not only photos of two missionaries in the hospital but within a month of each other and both while at the MTC.

Neilsons are well known at the MTC now. We warned then that we have two more sons coming.

May Takahashi said...

Thanks for the pictures and the update. Thanks also for
being there for both Brent and Craig.
As Doug says not many families have two missionaries on a mission at one time who both had to have surgery in the first month.
I just pray that they will both be fine and able to finish their mission without any further problems.
Its Thursday -almost midnight and I am thinking of Doug and family enjoying the warm climate.in Hawaii.
Its below zero and snowing tonight.

Lana Dawn said...

i don't know how i missed this update. but i am glad i caught it. i always think of you during conference.. and need to get on top of BINGO game and the tie coloring game - except it's not as fun when you are winning your own money. Glad to see craig is okay... and that is crazy about cleah, and so exciting!


We're in Idaho now.. and want to come visit!!!