This year we waited until Halloween Day to put up our decorations...it was a good thing it fell on a Saturday this year.
Nicole was eager a month ago to put up a black light so that the spider webs we planned on putting up would glow.
Nicole was eager a month ago to put up a black light so that the spider webs we planned on putting up would glow.
Nicole did a great job on the spider webs but I didn't get a picture of them...oops.
As it was getting darker, I noticed that it was a bit too dark on the steps and that concerned me so before Nicole and her friend Kajsa ( pronounced "KI sa") took Blade Tricking or Treating, I had Nicole change it back to a regular bulb. (It was much brighter and I felt much better).
And you need carved pumpkins for Hallween....
As it was getting darker, I noticed that it was a bit too dark on the steps and that concerned me so before Nicole and her friend Kajsa ( pronounced "KI sa") took Blade Tricking or Treating, I had Nicole change it back to a regular bulb. (It was much brighter and I felt much better).
And you need carved pumpkins for Hallween....
...this is Blade's all marked and ready for me to cut out...
Chay's and Blade's costumes had a theme.
...it's too bad they didn't go out trick or treating together...
A blur as Blade rushed around the pumpkins.

Nicole and Kajsa also had a theme going.
Nicole was very impressed with their skills in making Kajsa's costume from scratch in record time and wise spending of $14.
Chay's pumpkin snake that he saw on TV (I think) and wanted to make. He did a great job with it and it turned out quite nicely. Yes, I did help but he did most of it, until his hand got tired from using the drill on 4 of the pumpkins.
Chay and his stash with his favorite on top. He knows the routine after he gets home: check the candy and then take a picture...he got his bowl ready for the shot without me having to say anything.

When Nicole and Blade got home, Chay had to tell them about the place giving out the dollar and Nicole and Blade went back out to go to that home. Unfortunately, they must have given out all their "ones" because their light was off when they got there. While we were putting up the decorations Melinda (the one giving out the money) walked by and talked with us and told Blade, "make sure you stop by my place". Unfortunately, a little too late.
Blade was ready for his shot also. His stash is different from Chay's because he went on the "other" side of 15th East.
...it's too bad they didn't go out trick or treating together...
A blur as Blade rushed around the pumpkins.
Nicole and Kajsa also had a theme going.
Nicole was very impressed with their skills in making Kajsa's costume from scratch in record time and wise spending of $14.
Chay's pumpkin snake that he saw on TV (I think) and wanted to make. He did a great job with it and it turned out quite nicely. Yes, I did help but he did most of it, until his hand got tired from using the drill on 4 of the pumpkins.
Chay and his stash with his favorite on top. He knows the routine after he gets home: check the candy and then take a picture...he got his bowl ready for the shot without me having to say anything.
When Nicole and Blade got home, Chay had to tell them about the place giving out the dollar and Nicole and Blade went back out to go to that home. Unfortunately, they must have given out all their "ones" because their light was off when they got there. While we were putting up the decorations Melinda (the one giving out the money) walked by and talked with us and told Blade, "make sure you stop by my place". Unfortunately, a little too late.
Blade was ready for his shot also. His stash is different from Chay's because he went on the "other" side of 15th East.
Blade received one Dove chocolate, and that is one of Chay's favorite, and Chay wanted to trade. He told Blade he would trade a gum for the Dove and Blade willing went along. Well, it wasn't a gum, it was a "cry baby" (a sour hard candy) and Blade just sat there motionless with this look on his face (hmmmm, maybe I should get more of those....).
4 comments:
You folks really went all out. Nicole and her friend
went all out dressing up. That was so good of them to take Blade out for the evening.
Where did you get all your pumpkins? They were short
pumpkins around here this year.
Kids got a lot of candy. We only had 16 kids come to the door. Some places have 50-100 kids. Our street is a busy main highway and not too safe for kids.
I am sure the Primary enjoyed the left over chocolate bars today.
Wow, the pumpkins were pretty impressive.
And I loved the costumes. Nicole did a great job on the Robin costume. Looks like coming up with some great costumes runs in the family.
Love those candy shots. Funny, Joseph did the same thing...he posed with the candy as soon as he got home...then he went right to eating it. Okay the only difference was that your children probably didn't eat it right away.
Great job on the costumes!
Nicole - I'm impressed with the Robin costume you put together.
Looks like everyone had fun.
I love the pumpkin snake. What a neat idea - and I'm really impressed with everyone's costumes!
Post a Comment