Exciting and... embarrassing, to report that the kids now have overhead lights in their rooms that can turned on with a light switch on the wall! Such a basic thing for most but, Dave and I didn't want OUR kids to take anything for granted and left them without electricity in their rooms for 5 years. No more extension cords going to the rooms...
Nicole just standing in the light taking it ALL in.
Nicole just standing in the light taking it ALL in.
Chay and Blade hanging out in their room after dark AND before having to go to sleep.
a double take to see if I could get Blade in focus...not really.
The electricians are still working and by the end of the week ALL extension cords should be eliminated from out living space! We'll actually have more outlets on the main floor than we have ever had in this home.
Chay has been sick since after Halloween and has been hanging out at home recovering. I've also been home sick and wondering if what Nicole had a couple of weeks ago, and what Chay has now may be H1N1. I didn't get the fever so I think I just have a regular flu type thing. But everyone is doing better and will hopefully be back to "normal" soon.
And the weather is so nice here, I love it. In the 60s (you'll have to do your own conversion...subtract 10 then divide by 2?)
3 comments:
Wow, those pictures were almost too bright to look at.
So glad for the added "light" in your lives.
Hope everyone is feeling better soon.
I am so happy for you to finally get your electrical wiring hooked up. You will feel like you died and went to heaven. What is your next project?
The kids are really enjoying all the bright lights.
Happy to hear "there is light!"
The kids look thrilled. Blade probably didn't realize what he was missing.
Remember when Mom (Grandma T) always used to say, "Turn the light on so you can see"? What does it mean when I find myself saying the same phrase constantly to my kids? I never thought I would hit that age when seeing would be a problem. (I'm into the progressive eyeglasses). I now realize what Mom was talking about. . . LIGHT makes all the difference in seeing.
Dave, Wilma, Nicole, Chay, and Blade --> enjoy the LIGHTS!
Post a Comment