I wanted to catch up on some blogging before we left for Canada but I didn't manage to do that. So before I blog some Canada pictures, here are some pictures on my "save now" that I didn't write captions to before our trip.
Chay felt like cake one day and took it upon himself to bake his FIRST cake...all by himself! I had to go to work before it was done and told him he had to take a picture of it (because I knew that by the time I got home, it would not be intact...)
Chay felt like cake one day and took it upon himself to bake his FIRST cake...all by himself! I had to go to work before it was done and told him he had to take a picture of it (because I knew that by the time I got home, it would not be intact...)
I was right, a good portion of it was eaten...and then I ate another good portion of it....
(I will ALWAYS carry this memory WITH ME...actually, I'm sitting on it right now...)
In July we were lucky to have family visit for 4 days! Mom, Dad, Sheila and Auntie K! Auntie K had tickets for the Pioneer Day Mormon Tab performance at the Conference center and some of us were able to attend...some of us had to stay home (Blade was too young to attend and so Dave stayed home with him. As Blade will tell you, "I can't stay home by myself, who will take care of me?"
(I will ALWAYS carry this memory WITH ME...actually, I'm sitting on it right now...)
In July we were lucky to have family visit for 4 days! Mom, Dad, Sheila and Auntie K! Auntie K had tickets for the Pioneer Day Mormon Tab performance at the Conference center and some of us were able to attend...some of us had to stay home (Blade was too young to attend and so Dave stayed home with him. As Blade will tell you, "I can't stay home by myself, who will take care of me?"
"The sisters"
"The Mom and 2/3 of her girls"
We had root beer floats afterwards and Sheila was telling us how she could tell the difference between the rootbeers. So, we did a blind study and she was Right, she could tell the difference between the rootbeers. She was able to correctly identify the rootbeers, not just tell us which one tasted better to her.
Mom brought Blade a sticker book and she spent some bonding time with him going through the book. Blade loved the book and completed it by the time they left to go home.
And of course, we HAD to have a Beauty Shop while Sheila and Auntie K were visiting. Why have cosmetologists in the family if they can't have the honor of cutting our hair? (I know, there are differing opinions on that one)
I was going to give away a baby winnie the pooh activity blanket that has been around since Nicole was a baby, and has not been given any attention since Blade was a baby but, when Blade saw it, he had to have it with him everywhere we went. Auntie K thought she would be smart and hide it under the couch cushion (out of site, out of mind) but Blade didn't forget about it and was looking for it. He found it...and I don't know how the next pictures happened but it was documented.
Their stay was too short, and we were sad to see them leave. But we had a great time with them while they were here and did a lot of running around doing shopping errands...which I love.
Chay was anticipating getting braces on and so he wanted to have corn on the cob while he still could. The three had a race to see who could finish their corn first.
The methods varied but I don't recall seeing the "typewriter" method used...of course some out there may not know what that method would look like...
"Take my picture"
AND a 5 day old BABY!....so cute...
It wasn't too hot out (I purposely went early so that we would beat the heat) but who could resist the blowing mist? (I could but I was the only one)
I made Chay sit on the gorilla (he's such a good sport). He told me that next time "I" could go on the carousel with Blade..."
The fading rails have bothered me for years and so I made it a priority to get them painted. That joy was taken from me by Nicole since she wanted to have the pleasure of spraying the paint. I was okay with that because I just wanted the rails painted.
I was surprised one morning to find out that Blade had gum in his hair. I tried the ice cube trick but it didn't work. I thought about cutting Blade's hair but that would have been a disaster.
Then I remembered the "goo gone" that Mom told me about and how well it worked on things after she received some from Doug's girls. I just happened to have some in my cupboard. (thanks Chay for the picture)
It worked very well...gum be gone, hair intact...the brushing of teeth had nothing to do with the gum in the hair, it was just part of our morning routine and he was standing still)Days before we left for Canada, I left Dave to take care of the kids and their dental work.
Nicole had 4 Wisdom teeth removed, she had alittle bruise and swelling but not much. One thought that we both had was that she looked like she did when she was 12. It's scary that Nicole and I have the same thoughts often...I don't know though who it is scarier for, me or Nicole.
And there was NO sympathy from Chay and Blade....
And Chay finally had his braces put on...something he had been looking forward to for months.
Surprisingly, and luckily, Chay's teeth didn't give him much discomfort. I didn't hear him complain once and he was eating most solid foods fine. He can be a tough kid.
At work, I try to make people feel comfortable...and I don't often know how my actions have effected the people that come for surgery. I like to think that I have made a positive difference. Well, I was surprised one day when I was told that a patient had left something for me, and then I was surprised when I discovered that it was a gift card to The Spaghetti Factory. That night, we went out to eat...
I didn't order a main course, just dessert and ate it while the others ate their pasta. I have always loved their Mud Pie and looked forward to it. Well, it is not the same as the ones I had years ago, I was a bit disappointed....but the good thing is that I will no longer be coveting their mudpie.
4 comments:
Loved the blog.It was interesting and said a lot.
Looking forward to your Canadian visit blog.
Chay's cake looked pretty good
Mom
Does Blade still like the quilt...? It was a fun time...thank you!
Blade has forgotten about the blanket...
Blade has forgotten about the blanket...
Post a Comment