July is here...and finally so is summer!
June was a nice comfortable temperature with a lot of rain but, now it's hot.
Blade is still in school during the summer and received an "awesome" shirt and made a fun 4th of July necklace.

June was a nice comfortable temperature with a lot of rain but, now it's hot.
Blade is still in school during the summer and received an "awesome" shirt and made a fun 4th of July necklace.
We purchased Stadium of Fire tickets as soon as they were on sale to the public so that we would be there to see the Jonas Brothers...the time finally arrived!
Chay helping with transportation for a little boy whose legs were "too tired".
Chay helping with transportation for a little boy whose legs were "too tired".
Just hanging out waiting for the preshow to begin.
Okay, time to snack on something while waiting.
We received free flags with some free tickets that Dave was able to get through law enforcement. I was very surprised that tickets weren't sold out within days AND that free tickets were offered a couple of days before the show. Since we had tickets, that morning we gave the tickets to my friend's son and his family ...which included young girls so I'm sure they were excited!
Here they are....The Jonas Brothers!

We had young girls in front of us who were standing/jumping and screaming the entire time and so I watched almost all of the performance on the large monitor.
As always, the fireworks were impressive! We all managed to get hit with debris during the firework show. I know that I got hit hard on my leg and a little less on my cheek...nothing left a mark.

This huge 10 year old flag, which flew during the Winter Olympics in SLC, had put in its' time and it was time to retire it. It was interesting to see how they burned the flag.
Here they are....The Jonas Brothers!
We had young girls in front of us who were standing/jumping and screaming the entire time and so I watched almost all of the performance on the large monitor.
As always, the fireworks were impressive! We all managed to get hit with debris during the firework show. I know that I got hit hard on my leg and a little less on my cheek...nothing left a mark.
This huge 10 year old flag, which flew during the Winter Olympics in SLC, had put in its' time and it was time to retire it. It was interesting to see how they burned the flag.
Military men carried the flag into the stadium, put it into a metal container, placed a lid over the container and then the flag was burned. A person just doesn't get to see this event happen in their life.
And then more fireworks.

Since it has been hot, we decided it was time to get a pool for the yard so Blade could cool off....Nicole and Chay had this opportunity when they were young and we couldn't deprive Blade.
The amazing thing is that Chay BLEW up two of the sections because he was excited for Blade to use the pool and we couldn't find any of our pumps. Now that's love....
And then more fireworks.
Since it has been hot, we decided it was time to get a pool for the yard so Blade could cool off....Nicole and Chay had this opportunity when they were young and we couldn't deprive Blade.
The amazing thing is that Chay BLEW up two of the sections because he was excited for Blade to use the pool and we couldn't find any of our pumps. Now that's love....
I blew up the last section outside while we started to fill the pool and Blade jumped right in before it was filled.
And yesterday, Blade experienced his first dentist appointment. he wouldn't open his mouth initially, which made it difficult for the hygienist to do her job but she was great with Blade and had him opening wide...

I love that there is a TV to watch while lying there. Blade watched SpongeBob, Chay watched something on the Disney channel...
And Blade definitely looked comfortable while waiting for the dentist to arrive...
And yesterday, Blade experienced his first dentist appointment. he wouldn't open his mouth initially, which made it difficult for the hygienist to do her job but she was great with Blade and had him opening wide...
I love that there is a TV to watch while lying there. Blade watched SpongeBob, Chay watched something on the Disney channel...
And Blade definitely looked comfortable while waiting for the dentist to arrive...
And I haven't seen this much excitement on Blade's face since his birthday! He was deciding what to pick from the treat basket...he picked the airplane and played with it in the waiting room while we waiting an extended period of time for Nicole to finish.
And that' the update.
It's not that Blade is the favorite child, it's just that he's the one that it is the easiest to take pictures of and he has so many "firsts" happening.
But, Chay has grown a lot this past month...I'll have to try to capture that.
And now, it's time for me to go to work...and I mean at my "paying" job.
It's not that Blade is the favorite child, it's just that he's the one that it is the easiest to take pictures of and he has so many "firsts" happening.
But, Chay has grown a lot this past month...I'll have to try to capture that.
And now, it's time for me to go to work...and I mean at my "paying" job.
5 comments:
HOORAY FOR JULY, and Stadium of Fire, and the jonas brothers, and inflatable pools!! and I guess the dentist too in all it's necessary evil glory.
Blade looks much too relaxed to be at the dentist! I hear you guys are heading up North in August. Maybe I'll win the lottery and fly out to see you all!
blade looks like he's getting SO old!!!
the stadium of fire looked like fun. it is always a good show!
what a surprise to get such a big grin from Blade at the dentist... i never feel like smiling like that at the dentist!
miss you guys
blade being the favorite reminds me of my dad.. how if i call or he calls and he asks who it is and i say its your favorite, he always says, "oh hi jenelle"
he doesn't think that ever gets old either
LOL! (and the word verification is ironically "audiabe"...close enough to audible)
Your Dad is one funny guy (not fungi)!
Wow, that was some July 4th celebration!
The pool looked refreshing and I loved the photos at the dental office.
Ooh, to be a kid again.
Post a Comment