A catch up of the happenings around our place since the last entry. I thought I had the basics of this blogging figured out but things keep changing on me and today I'm unable to cut/copy and paste or even change the order of the pictures so in reality, I have actually spent a lot of time on today's entry trying to MAKE it work...and then just started all over. Now that that preface is done...
Blade got his chance to officially make it winter by making a Snow Angel...after being licked on by Koshi. ( It's safest to stay off the lawns because in the back I know that Koshi has left some "treasures", and in the front there could be "treasures" from every neighborhood dog but ours.)
This is how Blade likes to take the icecubes out of the tray. It worries me because I think that it will hurt when he takes the icecube off but, so far he has been okay.
Nicole and Chay searched the house for hours and finally found some more of our "hidden" Christmas supplies. I was looking for the huge green and red container but the Stockings and mesh for the tree were in white plastic bags...who knew. (We definitely need to go out and shop the after Christmas sales for Christmas containers).
Nicole and Blade put the mesh garland on the tree. I learned from Sheila and Sharon that if you can't reach the heights, just get something to entend your reach...and I've passed that on to my kids also. The handle to the mop worked well.
Getting the Stockings ready for Santa.
AND the greatest news this week is that Blade is pooping in the toilet! Five days without any poopy underwear!! Yahhhh!!
When Blade poops in the toilet we play Hi Ho Cherry-O! (One day we played it 4 different times) I've learned that he is competitive when it comes to games, he likes to win. But he's okay if someone else does win. He must like the game because there are times that I'm afraid that he is going to hurt himself while on the toilet because he is trying so hard. (I can understand why people have strokes while on the toilet). He won't give up though, "I know it's there, I'll keep pushing".
Putting out the cookies for Santa!
CHRISTMAS MORNING!
One of the best activities was the popping of the air bags around the gifts.

Nicole with her gift from Grandma and Grandpa and Mom and Dad. (She did pretty good with gifts considering she went to Hawaii for her Christmas gift).

Santa's gift to....
Nicole with her gift from Grandma and Grandpa and Mom and Dad. (She did pretty good with gifts considering she went to Hawaii for her Christmas gift).
Santa's gift to....
Nicole playing with one of Blade's gifts.
This is where I really wanted to get the edited picture from Pacasa but it wasn't happening for me. Cute group picture but check out the Christmas tree shaped butter on the table! It was one of the gifts from our friends the Jahnke's next door. It was a shame to cut into it but Chay had that honor and was very happy about it.

This is where I really wanted to get the edited picture from Pacasa but it wasn't happening for me. Cute group picture but check out the Christmas tree shaped butter on the table! It was one of the gifts from our friends the Jahnke's next door. It was a shame to cut into it but Chay had that honor and was very happy about it.
I love it when they play well together...
Dave was surprised and happy about his gift from Nicole, AND it was something he really needed. A great BBQ kit with a meat thermometer...and everything else you wouldn't even think of.
Dave was surprised and happy about his gift from Nicole, AND it was something he really needed. A great BBQ kit with a meat thermometer...and everything else you wouldn't even think of.
Dave and I don't need gifts for Christmas and so that is why he was surprised. I was surprised also because Nicole gave me a nice designer purse and Dave gave me a pair of UGGs. (not ones like Nicole and Alana, I'm sure they wouldn't want their Mom/Aunt to have the same boots).
AND Santa brought a Wii Fit. I don't have any pictures because upstairs, there isn't enough room to get a whole body shot (without the lovesac blocking half the body). I'll work on that. But did you know, that the Wii Fit will weigh you and tell you if you are normal, overweight or obese? Well, I still got on.... BUT I will let you know that according to the Wii fit, my physically fit age is 43...not bad considering I'm almost 46... But I set a Wii goal and in 3 months I will be a lot "younger".
Last evening a storm came through with wind, rain, thunder, lightening, hail and snow.
Last evening a storm came through with wind, rain, thunder, lightening, hail and snow.
This morning we woke up to this.
4 comments:
Looks like you guys must have been good! and it looks like utah is starting to look more and more like here.. i like that.
and i am in love with your tree.. it looks so pretty.
looks like everyone was happy with their gifts.. and nicole was happy with blades.
and you will love your new uggs. they are the perfect winter shoe. honestly . can't wait to see you guys in the new year! miss you!
I had to laugh at the ice cube picture of Blade.
It's rough being short...I'm glad Sharon and I were able to pass on some useful information.
Looks like everyone got what they wanted and then some for Christmas.
Sorry, but what are uggs?
Thanks for sharing your Christmas with us.
It was so nice to share your Christmas. I loved all the
picture of everyone enjoying their gifts. Thanks for sharing/
Have a Happy New Year. Love you.
Enjoyed reading your Christmas activities - the joy on Blade's face must have made Christmas fun for the whole family!
Santa was good to you and Dave as well I see..I didn't think you were the 'uggs' type! but then I don't know and think too much so I learn something new every day.
I hope that 2009 brings you much joy and happiness. Hope to make a trip down there in the New Year.
All the best!
AK
Post a Comment