I actually had the opportunity this morning to listen to the news and heard that there would heavy snow showers at noon. So I planned my day accordingly and headed out to get some groceries after Chay left for school. (Dave knew that there was going to be s
now and so he took the truck to work and being left with the Jag, I wanted to get out before the "storm" hit).
I have never seen Costco so busy, and I've been to Costco A LOT. Those of you whom have ventured to "the store" with me and are amazed that people line up for those "first 10 minute finds", would be amazed by the group of people waiting for Costco to open. Maybe this happens everyday and I've just experienced it for the first time. (Blade had to go to the bathroom so we slipped in the EXIT door and didn't deal with the chaos at the ENTER door).
We got home, got the purchases unloaded and put away and then, as I was eating, I noticed that it was snowing. Maybe 30 minutes later, I looked outside again and I was surprised by how much snow had fallen. I've been away from blogging for a while and thought this would be nice to share with those I care about. I've been hearing about the weather in Alberta and...I haven't been missing it. It makes me appreciate what I have here in Utah. But look, it's beginning to look like HOME...
I may have to take another picture when the snow stops so I can keep you updated.
Our gutters need to be replaced and because of the lack of a great gutter system, we have great icicles. These ones are outside our dining room window.
And a couple of FIRSTS!
The first first:
I took a picture of myself with Dave's new camera. His camera is the same make as mine but a higher model and I must admit, it sure does cover alot of space with just my arm length a way. (I know I may be the "tall one" but my arm span doesn't seem too long).
The second first:
I actually had to put on some magnifiers to read something. Thank goodness it wasn't to read a book or anything but to read the size of needle I had on my sewing machine (that type sure is tiny...). But the fact still remains, I needed reading glasses to read something. That's a major life event. If I hadn't had Lasik surgery, it would have been like moving to bifocals...

Why did I just happen to have the glasses available I hear you ask? Well, they were a good deal, I liked the style and my eyelashes didn't push against the lens, AND I knew that one day in the not too distant future, I would need them to read more than just a sewing needle....so I bought them. It's part of my EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS.
11 comments:
I love the glasses and totally understand the eyelash problem - I also suffer from that same disorder and recently had to bypass the "perfect" glasses, I blame my dad - this problem is obviously from his side of the family;). Enjoy the snow,the temperature is better for playing in snow than it is here, our -40 today make breathing painful!
Love you,
Candi
My name is Angie, and I am also an eyelash against the lens sufferer.. It feels so great to say that in a safe space.
Those magnifiers look great on you! and you did a great Job taking the picture with "Nicole's Dad's camera" as we have become accustomed to calling it around these parts.
I honestly can't believe all the snow. I miss the idea of snow at christmas time. but not the reality of it.
Glad to see you are back to blogging! I was getting worried about you!
You two crack me up...I'm actually laughing out loud (I would type LOL but Nicole forbids me from doing that). I'm proud to call you family.
I love family...
And so glad to be a recipient of a rare comment from Candi! It's already a Merry Christmas!
Thanks Ang for worrying about me.
I wish I had eyelashes long enough to worry about.
We have a lot more snow than you. Dad has had to shovel some every day. It just keeps snowing It was
-30 here a few minutes ago and the windchill is like
-38-40. I went out to sweep off the front steps and nearly froze.We are staying close to home these days.
Haven't seen you in glasses for a long time I understand when you say sooner or later you will need the magnifying glasses. small print . Of course you have a ways to go to catch up to me. .
Can't you just wait until you have 'reading glasses' in every room – that is my first this Christmas! At least I don't have to carry a pair in my purse and around my neck!...........(YET)
I think you come in a close second to taking your own picture(for the over 40 group) The youngins' can take pictures standing on their heads.
Michaelle does a pretty neat 'self portrait' – you can't see any arm extentions and she taught me how to eliminate the double chin! Unfortunately, my arm is too short to do it well.
Merry Christmas - got your picture today...pretty sharp family!
I thought I was the only one that suffered from the eyelash problem!!!! I always have to plan well when I'm going to wear my glasses - I can't wear mascara for instance. If I do my eyelashes just get stuck EVERY time I blink.
It's the nose, right? Bride.too.flat.
Eyelash problem...what are you talking about...I wish I had that problem. Be thankful.
Love the snow...I agree with Candi...at least you can play in yours. The -38 degrees celcuis doesn't make it fun to play in or do chores in.
Eyeglasses...looks like I am going to have to get bifocals soon...at least I won't have to have a pair of reading glasses in every room. And since I don't have the eyelash problem, I can wear my eyeglasses all the time...yuk
I saw all Michaelle's self portraits with everyone and she does a great job. AK, let me in on the secret on how to eliminate the double chin. And how to eliminate the arm from the shot. (And it's good to have you back AK, missed you.)
And yes Jacqui, you're right. It's a combination of eyelashes and the fact that we lack a bridge to our nose (that would sound funny out of context). I have often thought how weird it must be for those that have a bridge because when they look to the side, they see their bridge...when we look to the side, we just see to the side. (sometimes I have a lot of time to think...)
Sorry Sheila and Mom that you can't relate to our therapy group.
When you get my age you get mulilux lenses and it covers all the levels, You an't see the the lines in mine like you see in the bifocals. The only thing is that it takes a while to get used to them. I hate the idea of two pair of glasses. I'd rather wear one pair all the time. I'd probably forget where I left the other one
anyway.
Sister friend...that's why you leave one in every room!
Took you a while on that one!
Post a Comment