BIRTHDAY BOY

It's UEA time (teacher convention time) so the boys are out of school and Nicole is on Fall break so we were (are) all together this week end to celebrate.
It's UEA time (teacher convention time) so the boys are out of school and Nicole is on Fall break so we were (are) all together this week end to celebrate.
Dave didn't put in a request for a certain type of birthday cake so I took it upon myself to decide. And since Dave often tried carrot cake when it is on the dessert table, I decided to make carrot cake. I called Mom to get her recipe because I couldn't find my copy. Mom found a copy and read it to me but mine didn't taste as good as Mom's. Chay said it was because Grandma made it with "love", I told him "I MADE IT WITH LOVE".
I threw it together the night before and the stars are tracings of Dave's actual badge from work, we like to call it the "star of David" (okay, we only called it that once).
Chay wanted to use the same type of candles that we used on his cake a couple of years ago and it was a hit with Blade!
The candles kept relighting.
Earlier in the day, we went to This is the Place Heritage Park and met a friend and her kids (her husband is in charge of the grounds there). It was the parks Halloween celebration for kids. In the evening there is a Haunted Park and from the sounds of it, it's too scary for me. I'll stick with the "little spooks".
Superman at the petting zoo.
Superman trying out different modes of transportation....
This is the view Blade saw from the saddle....

We rode the train to the other side of the park and panned for gold.


Blade and Chay could have stayed there all day but, there was a limit of two pieces per person.

Then we took the train back and went to the bank to trade in the gold for something more valuable....candy. The banker could give us 8 pieces.


Because Julia's husband Doug works there, the kids got a special ride that other park visitors missed out on... a ride on the golf cart. The driver had to speed up a bit because although the train was going the other way, when it started up, it went back alittle.
And notice how Blade has a protective arm out in front of Joseph to keep him safe.


Earlier in the month.
Blade is still going to Lowe's and making his free projects with help from Chay.
I thought I had pictures from Nicole's birthday on my camera but I can't find them. Weird things have been happening with my card. Actually they may be on the broken card....
This is the view Blade saw from the saddle....
We rode the train to the other side of the park and panned for gold.
Blade and Chay could have stayed there all day but, there was a limit of two pieces per person.
Then we took the train back and went to the bank to trade in the gold for something more valuable....candy. The banker could give us 8 pieces.
Because Julia's husband Doug works there, the kids got a special ride that other park visitors missed out on... a ride on the golf cart. The driver had to speed up a bit because although the train was going the other way, when it started up, it went back alittle.
And notice how Blade has a protective arm out in front of Joseph to keep him safe.
Earlier in the month.
Blade is still going to Lowe's and making his free projects with help from Chay.
This day, there was a bonus and there was a firetruck in the parking lot and then we watched the lifeflight helicopter land in the parking lot. Don't worry, it was all for educational purposes, not because they were actually needed.

Conference week end.
What's missing? (besides Blade's shirt).
...cousins to join in with BINGO and prophet coloring.... (that almost sounds wrong)

Did you know that there are Mexican jumping beans that really jump around without heat but because there is a living moth inside? I didn't until a Kindergartener told me.


We didn't touch the bean and within seconds the bean had moved from the spot in the first picture to the spot in the second picture. I picked the number 4 and was getting excited that I might win but the bean never landed on 4. When the moth inside gets warm, it moves around inside to cool off and that causes the bean to move.
Last week end Blade's Lowe's project was a fun house mirror.
Except for pictures from Nicole's birthday, you are all pretty much caught up with us. Nothing profound or enlightening but a simple picture documentation of our life.Conference week end.
What's missing? (besides Blade's shirt).
...cousins to join in with BINGO and prophet coloring.... (that almost sounds wrong)
Did you know that there are Mexican jumping beans that really jump around without heat but because there is a living moth inside? I didn't until a Kindergartener told me.
We didn't touch the bean and within seconds the bean had moved from the spot in the first picture to the spot in the second picture. I picked the number 4 and was getting excited that I might win but the bean never landed on 4. When the moth inside gets warm, it moves around inside to cool off and that causes the bean to move.
Last week end Blade's Lowe's project was a fun house mirror.
I thought I had pictures from Nicole's birthday on my camera but I can't find them. Weird things have been happening with my card. Actually they may be on the broken card....
2 comments:
sounds like you had a full,fun day. It was nice that the whole family could enjoy the day together,
Seems there are a lot of fun places to go to around Salt Lake,. Pictures are always good .It almost feels like you are there too.
The cake looks great!
Happy birthday Dave...just a few days late.
I did see the blog easier, but was heading out the door at the time.
Looks like it was a good time.
Post a Comment