Saturday, September 11, 2010

First Day of School and More...

Chay started 8th grade
(grade 8 for my fellow Canadians... and it still flows off my tongue more smoothly)
at the end of August.

He's the big man in Middle School (grades 7 and 8) now.


Last year to wear a school uniform. Solid white, blue or red shirts without logos are difficult for me to find...and Chay finds it quite boring.



Blade started Kindergarten after Labor Day.
He left Challenger and is now going to Uintah across the street.


He likes to come up with his own poses.

...in front of Uintah waiting for the bell to ring.



I had to post this picture of Chay, not because it was the best but because it was so Chay.


At the end of summer, my place of employment had a party and the whole family attended. Nicole's friend Kajsa works at Moran also and she was there with her new roommate.
Nicole's roommate Sarah and her Mom and brother came too so that we could mingle with them. (sorry, no picture of Sarah's Mom)


While we ate they played Bingo, which was difficult to do because I like to focus on both my food AND the bingo. Kajsa had the "lucky" bingo card and after she won with it, she passed it on. Chay won blackout bingo with it and won $5.

Blade had no interest in the regular food nor bingo but he did love and help himself to the cottoncandy and snowcones.

He also LOVED the slide and bungee run (where he is attached to a bungee cord and has to try to run as far to the end as he can without the cord pulling him back. Missed him when he was on that one)

I tried to get a picture of Blade sliding down the slide but he never did that while I was there. He would jump, land halfway down the slide and then...you can see...


After we dropped Chay off on his first day of school, Blade and I stopped at a little neighborhood playarea that we always pass and Blade asks "can we stop there sometime?" Well, on that day, we did.



This little cone shaped seat is built so that your shifted weight causes it to turn. I helped Blade spin faster and he loved it. I remember when the playground first opened I sat in the seat and as it turned I feared for my life because I truly felt like it was going to turn and I was going to fall out (apparently that sensation must only happen after a certain size is met)


Last week end we had a Nicole spotting when she stopped by with Sarah to pick up the LuvSac. Chay was nice enough to have squeezed it upstairs so that it was ready for Nicole. Next was squeezing it into the Envoy for the journey to its' new home only blocks away. I wonder if Nicole has pictures at the other end, trying to get it in her dormroom.



DE JE VU and I LOVE YOU

Boys II Men at the State Fair.



Last year Dave and I waited in line to get free tickets to the Boys II Men concert at the Utah State Fair. I love the sound of Boys II Men and last year the concert was wonderful. The music takes me back to Dave and my earlier years. Dave knew how much I wanted to go and his actions showed how much he really loves me. After he dropped Blade off at school, he took a folding chair and a book and headed over to the fair grounds and set up camp waiting for the ticket booth to open at noon.

He got tickets!

Unlike last year when Nicole and Chay had "previous" engagements, this year, we were there together.

I couldn't get the pictures to stay side by side but here they are in 2009....

...and 2010

I liked the casual look better, it had a different effect. I think more animated.

2009

2010


Another case of being unable to keep pictures side by side so here's
2010

and 2009


Nicole's roommate Sarah joined the family.



At the beginning of the concert and then when the party really got started.







It was another wonderful concert. The temperature was cooler this year and I was concerned at the beginning of the evening but after awhile, I didn't even notice it. Nicole and Chay actually knew the words to the songs and could sing along to alot more than I could. Nicole basically grew up to the sound of Boys II Men.



Boy II Men made their first record in SLC 20 years ago on Sept.19 so this trip was a milestone of sorts for them. I don't know if we can expect a repeat of this" family concert going" next year but...


Bye until next time.

3 comments:

Burgess Family said...

Loved the blog entry - the concert looked like fun...even though I don't know who they are...a little behind on the music thing.

Nicole, Chay and Blade are growing up.

And tell Nicole I need to see photos at the other end of her trying to get that chair thing in her new place.

The new playground - it made me sick just thinking about that little round thing Blade was it. I've seen how it works, and don't know how anyone would call that fun...oh to be young again.

Papahashi said...

Thanks for the update Wilma. Now our youngest is in high school.

Isn't it about time Boys II Men changed the name of their group? Something like Men II middle aged Men.

Sorry about the phone calls last night. Telus had problems and all the cell phones were out for a couple hours. The internet was super slow too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update enjoyed the pictures. Its nice to see the pictures of the kids -especially when we don't see you often.
Mom