Wednesday, February 17, 2010

It's my party...

Birthday Cheesecake



I did just what I wanted to do yesterday, RELAX!
(I didn't even need to think about what to wear, Blade picked out my clothing for the day)
Dave cooked steak and asparagus for supper and he did an excellent job, I ate it all.
My family knows that I NEED a cake to make my birthday "a birthday" (they learned that the HARD way one year) and we had a gourmet cheesecake done up right thanks to Chef Nicole.



Blade doing what he loves to do...getting in every shot.

Capturing the moment as Nicole uses her new camera. I don't see it out much and so it was good to see her using it.

The other thing that makes my birthday complete is a call from my Mom and Dad, and siblings...and it was a COMPLETE birthday!
I talked with Mom before, during and after my birthday, Sheila earlier in the day and Doug in the evening. Nicole and Chay were saying that Auntie Sharon didn't love me because she hadn't called. I was quick to respond that she was on a cruise and I didn't expect her to call me while she was on a cruise. And I really didn't. But to my surprise, while we were watching "American Idol", Sharon called to wish me a Happy Birthday from the ship! So Nicole and Chay, Auntie Sharon DOES love me!

I actually started celebrating Valentine's and my birthday early. It's kind of like being born close to Christmas, you just group it all together. Friday night Dave surprised me by taking me out to eat and kept "threatening" that we were going to be out late dancing. I knew that we weren't going dancing because that would NOT be a fun time for me...and even in the dating days, Dave didn't like to go out dancing when I kind of did.

I didn't push the issue and ask what we were going to do when he told me it was going to be a late night...I just enjoyed the moment. Well, after we ate, we walked away from the car and headed towards the University of Utah campus.

I was genuinely surprised when we walked up stairs and saw a huge banner with Bill Cosby's picture on it! Dave and I had seen Bill Cosby on the U campus 20 years ago! We had seats center stage and up close...Dave had planned this way in advance! That in itself meant a lot to me because Dave is a spontaneous type of guy and this was any thing but spontaneous! He must have been online or calling when the tickets first went on sale to get excellent seats at a sold out performance.

And to add to the night, I spotted a friend/former roommate from my BYU days a couple of rows in front of us. I hadn't seen her for 16-17 years. It was all like going back in time... and all of us looked just the same....

And then on Monday (President's Day Holiday here in the USA) we went out for a Birthday dinner complements of Grandma! My kids love that! Thanks Grandma!

GRANDMA pulled through (again) as always with a Valentine's card arriving before Valentine's Day! Blade was so excited to get his mail and as soon as I walked in the door from work, he ran to me showing me all his Valentine's from Grandma!


Earlier in the month, Chay decided that he wanted to shave his mustache. So Dave educated him in the art of shaving and Chay took care of business.

The BEFORE and AFTER



(I don't know what was going on with the hair, it was obviously his "morning" hair and apparently Chay sleeps on his right side)
Chay decided that he likes "with" the mustache better so it's growing back in.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes I received! Thanks Alana for a special blog entry!

I forgot to mention something else that added to my birthday. In the mail came the official documentation that Nicole, Chay and Blade are CANADIANS!! Three more dual citizens to add to the records. Now that that is all taken care of, I guess it's time for me to study and do the paperwork for me to become a dual citizen.

4 comments:

Burgess Family said...

Wilma, that was a great birthday, valentine day!

Nicole, very impressed with the cake.

Dave, impressed with getting tickets early and getting excellent seats.

Blade, I love how you sneak in the pictures.

And sorry, Chay, I like you better without the mustache.

.Ang. said...

I always love your posts so much!!

Sounds like you had a great Birthday/Valentines day!

I think it's awesome that uncle Dave took you to see Bill Cosby!! I wanted to go when he was here last month.
Sounds like a magical evening (Going back in time and all!)

The Pictures of your cake made my mouth water!! Good Job Nicole!

And I think I agree with Auntie Sheila, I like the NO stash look better myself! :)

Miss you guys!!!

And auntie wilma, you look GREAT!!!!

May Takahashi said...

I think I like Chay better without the mustache. I would like to see him with a brush cut or a bit shorter hair-since he is lucky enough to have naturally curly hair
Seeing Bill Crosby was a great Birthday gift. I am impressed that Dave was able to get tickets early.
Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday and valentine. THe cheesecake looks delicious.
Glad Blade enjoyed the valentines.

Lana Dawn said...

i am so glad that you finally got a post up on here!! Looks like your birthday was complete.. and sounds like nicoles camera just isn't as much fun to use as "nicoles dad's camera".

i love that uncle dave surprised you so well. that is cute!

the pictures of blade were adorable, and he looks like he is getting so big. chay looks like he is growing older too... and i think he took like 5 years off by shaving.