This year we did something we've never done before for New Years!
We made sushi and tempura.
It felt like the good old days when I was growing up and getting together on "the farm" with Grandma and Grandpa Shimbashi, my Aunts, Uncles and cousins AND eating a lot of food. I remember being young and feeling so good when I got a shrimp with eggs! We even played Bingo, but there weren't any prizes...
Nicole rolled her first roll of sushi.
We made sushi and tempura.
It felt like the good old days when I was growing up and getting together on "the farm" with Grandma and Grandpa Shimbashi, my Aunts, Uncles and cousins AND eating a lot of food. I remember being young and feeling so good when I got a shrimp with eggs! We even played Bingo, but there weren't any prizes...
Nicole rolled her first roll of sushi.
It turned out looking great!
Apparently I haven't exposed Blade to rice bags before...
He started eating it from the bottom and was in a dilemma as to how to eat it with rice falling out from both ends.
Blade attempted making a mini roll.
Dave had to go to work the next day but the rest of us were able to get some tasks checked off our list of things to do before heading back to school.
Blade received an unstuffed "Build a Bear" tiger from Chay for Christmas and we headed to the mall to stuff the tiger. We even used what was left on the Build a Bear gift card that Chay gave Blade last Christmas. Blade chose to put a Jonas Brothers recording in the tiger's foot (which turned out to be in the leg).
Next on the agenda was to go sledding!
SugarHouse Park was packed and so tried out some new hills. They turned out to be so much better and no crowds.
It was a nice day, pretty bright with the sun reflecting off the snow (thank goodness for Asian eyes....)
I think Chay go some "air" in this shot!
When we went sledding last year Blade had a look of fear on his face when he came down the hill.
I loved the look of pure joy on his face this year!
4 comments:
Sledding really does bring out the best facial expressions in everyone! I didn't see you in any though auntie wilma.... Looks like you guys has a fun time bringing in the New Year! We sure miss you guys!!!!
You did well in making Sushi and rice bags. They really aren't that hard to make.They still; taste the same.
Appears you had a fun time sledding.
Its warm here right now and everything is melting and its really messy.NOt exactly playing in the snow weather.
Loved the pictures.
Pretty impressive - the sushi looked perfect.
And I felt sorry for Blade - how was he suppose to know how to eat a rice bag.
The sledding actually looked like alot of fun.
I was looking for pictures of you too Wilma...maybe in the next blog.
fun pics.
Post a Comment