Reading Angie's blog today was that "little something" that I needed to put things in perspective.
I got home this morning around 6AM, after being at work since 1AM, and although I was able to sleep for a short while, I was still feeling tired and not too tolerant of Blade NOT washing his hands after going to the bathroom AND telling me he had.
....then I read Angie's blog....
You know what, I'm grateful that Blade is finally "going to the bathroom", and not having any accidents (even when he had diarrhea) (...too much information?...).
I'm grateful that even though Dave worked ALL night, he stayed up and let me sleep while he made sure that Chay got off to school okay.
I'm grateful for a little boy that tells me he loves me multiple times an hour. His latest thing is telling me "I love you very, very, very, very, very, very, very.....much". It's surprising how many very(s) he can get in. And then he'll follow it up by trying to outdo himself with the number of very(s).
I'm grateful for a daughter who is responsible with what she needs to get done on a daily basis. And that although she is over whelmed at times, still takes the time to help her brother with his studying because she knows that I'll get home from work late and that time is not ideal for Chay and me to be studying.
I'm grateful for a bigger boy who is able to make his own choices and deal with the consequences.
I'm grateful also that I have kids that are able to run around, sing, yell and able to make a mess with toys, food, clothes, whatever.
My home may be small and unfinished, but I'm so grateful to have a roof over my head with heat, running water and a way to keep and prepare food.
I'm grateful that Dave and I have jobs and are physically able to perform our jobs and take care of our children.
I'm grateful that I'm typing this with little arms hugging me all over and a little boy climbing all over me telling me, "I love you very, very, very, very, very, very...much!"
Now to go on with my day...
Thanks for reading.
My time with Elvis
6 years ago
2 comments:
Wow, we really do all have something to be grateful for. Darrell and I are taking marriage classes (the Stake Presidency would like everyone to take the class). Just last night I was thinking how great it is to have a good marriage. And especially 2 children at home who can put themselves to bed and are asleep when we get home at 9:00p.m.
A great blog entry.
We all have so much to be grateful for, When I think of all those people overseas who don't know where their next meal is coming from and some who due to war never know what the next day brings. ..
If you love and care about your kids--you will discipline them and guide them down the right paths.
As Angie mentioned= sometimes you need to use mom's voice. That means you care.
Enjoy your blogs/
Post a Comment