Thursday, November 20, 2008

some things you need to see to believe

Nothing too exciting going on with us the past few days. But last night it was extremely windy and it was howling in the house, or so it seemed. I couldn't sleep (not because of the wind, I just seem to wake up at 3:00-3:30 every morning) and so as I was sitting at the computer, it sounded as if I was back in Southern Alberta. In SLC, I just don't hear the sound of wind blowing around the house very often. And then when I do, it takes me right back to my childhood as if it were yesterday (but my kids always reassure me I wasn't born yesterday. It usually happens like this: "I wasn't born yesterday you know". Their response in unison "That's for sure!")

Like Kristi, I just post pictures of Blade because he is just so darn cute... Dave was walking by and he just hung on for a free ride around the room, and I was also thrill to have my floor cleaned.


The next group of pictures are of something, that as I young girl, I never dreamed of or even imagined that I would be doing when I grew up.
Taking pictures of my daughter straightening my son's hair!
...you just don't know what life will throw you...
And more surprisingly, it's Nicole actually doing Chay's hair, with Chay resting his head gently in his loving sister's lap.

(Yes, I cracked up at the above shot also. I thought of those famous words of Simon Cowel, "He looks like a bushbaby")


I don't why I didn't take an after shot. Maybe I just didn't want to remember it...

While Nicole and Chay have been at school, Blade has been having a great time with his PaPa and MeMeMa. Yesterday he chose to stay home with them while Dave and I ran errands, and today he chose to stay home instead of going to "the store" with us.
Maybe it's because they took him outside to ride his bike and played catch with him in the house.
And my little boy just seems to have the weight of the world on his back... I'm not much into art but, isn't this a simulation of a famous sculture? Help me out here Alana...protecting art at the museum qualifies you as an expert...
Nicole mentioned to me last night that she is getting excited about her trip. Then she said she is just excited to be out of school. (I think she was saying that to spare my feelings since I will be here in good ol' Salt Lake City while she is kicking sand on the beach and drinking coconut juice from fresh coconuts dropping from the trees...)

Aloha!


6 comments:

Burgess Family said...

Love it...your postings are always so great. Aren't Grandma and Grandpa's great. Looks like Darrell and I have alot of live up to.

Yes, we did need those photos...who would believe it otherwise.

Looks like it just leave my family and some of yours not going to Hawaii. Jelious(sp?)...yes...you better believe it...so much I can't even spell.

Anonymous said...

Jealous....Engrish teacher!
Boy Wilma - where did Chay get his big feet from?

I hope that all of you kids have a great appreciation for your wonderful 'grandparents'... they really add a special richness to your lives!

Sheila...you guys will make great grandparents...just to prowl around your house would be a treat!

kristi Dupont said...

Blade is such a little stud, and a great mop as well!
Its fun to read all your posts, It makes me miss you guys though!
Along with everyone else I am jealous of all those who are heading to warmer climates......one day it will happen for us Auntie Wilma!

.Ang. said...

If it makes anyone feel better it's been really rainy here lately...

:)

Blade must keep you on your toes!! it reminds me of a little 3 (almost 4) year old I've got running around!

How nice that he has such a BIG smile on his face when he does his chores! He's even better than a swiffer!

He is Pretty Darn Cute!!

How nice to see siblings getting along so well! You'd think that a a sister straightening her brothers hair would be form of torture!

In the pictures it looks relaxing!

We Can't wait to see Nicole in a few days!!!

We are definitely going to miss you!

Burgess Family said...

Jealous...thanks AK...now I remember how to spell it.

And thanks for the vote of confidence of being good grandparents one day...now I know why Elliot keeps busy for hours when he comes to visit at our place?

Wilma said...

Unfortunately AK, Blade gets his big feet from ME, actually all the kids get big feet from me.

And Angie, thanks for sharing that it has been raining but, I'm not really feeling alot better... Hawaii would be wonderful but what I feel that I am really missing out on is enjoying all that Hawaii has to offer with my brother and HIS family. What a riot that would be!