I didn't get the Christmas tree up when Mom, Dad and Doug were here but, I did get it up yesterday. I think Dave still thinks it's too early but I want family to enjoy it and so while he was out, I brought the tree down from storage in the attic (or is that no longer called the attic since we having living space up there?)
Dave helped me put the tree up and unwrap it while Blade unwrapped the top section. He was so excited and it was like watching him open up a present. He was focused, had a huge smile on his face and nothing would distract him.
Not a great angle for me but but it's a funny angle from Nicole's view from the loft and so I share it with you. I didn't know he was there and so it's a good thing I didn't decide to squat down.
Dave just looks like he is having so much fun unwrapping the tree, like going around the May Pole with a skip in his step.
Nicole had the job of working on part of the top of the tree and thank goodness we have the loft because that is the only way that we can reach the top.
Nicole had the job of working on part of the top of the tree and thank goodness we have the loft because that is the only way that we can reach the top.
And then Dave and I started to hang our ornament collection, Black Santas for him and Flintstones for me. (And you know there has to be a Black Santa because as Dave would tell you, there is no way that as a child he would believe that a white man would come down their chimney and leave presents). Chay and Blade joined in for the festive activity of putting on the ornaments.
While Dave was busy putting his Santa figurines/decorations on the ledge, Chay and Blade took time to pose for the camera, I think it's a "Charle's Hells Angels" type of thing.
Chay's favorite of the black Santas is one that my cousin Amy gave us years ago. It dances while the song "Dancing around the Christmas tree" plays. Both Chay and Blade were seen standing and moving their hips side to side like Santa but they wouldn't let me get a picture of it.
Wouldn't be it wonderful as adults to have that look of "pure joy and happiness" that Blade has on his face when we looked at the simple things of life?
I bought myself a Christmas gift already and treated myself to the new Flintstone ornament that Hallmark put out this year! I was so excited when I saw there was a new one. There hadn't been new Flintstone ornaments for years and then the past few years I have been very lucky! Okay, maybe I do get that look of pure joy and happiness with some simple things in life...
A view from our loft so that you can see Dave's Santas, I knew that ledge would come in handy for something eventually.
While the tree was going up, Dave's Mom was busy cooking cabbage and red rice. It was very good but...you know what cabbage can do. And it seems I have a very efficient digestive system because less than an hour later....well, you know...
5 comments:
Funny..about the cabbage.
Love Dave's Santas...I don't think I have seen them before. You need a close up of each one of them.
Love your tree - it is huge. Glad you found a new Flintstone ornament....and love the tree top.
And that was a funny shot of Blade under you by the tree.
We are still looking for a nice tree top for our tree...so if anyone finds a good one and wants us to remember them each year...
Its not too early for the tree, I would put mine up but haven,t had time. Maybe next week
Love your pictures. I will write more tomorrow.
Tell Alana bon voyage. I already talked to Nicole. Time crept up fast. I thought they had a week yet.
Going to Shelly"s Moms funeral tomorrow.
Hi to Dave and his parents and to the kids.
Love you all.
I don't think we'll be decorating very much this year. We can feel the christmas spirit through the decorations of Others!
I love a nice BIG Christmas tree! Your house looks great in Christmas attire. The ledge looks awesome with all the santas it's like it was built for them!
I can't believe that Nicole and Alana are coming TOMORROW!!
I am just So ESITED about that!
So...as Blade is holding the Santa...what do you think he is thinking?
"now Santa...you better come through this year!!!"
NO.
"now Santa...can I have TWO presents!!"
MAYBE
.....?
Just a thought....
Esitement building for holidayers?
Have fun and enjoy!
haha. Its just Charlie's Angels. lol. You got the right overall sound though. That's a HUGE tree! I like Uncle Dave's comment about Santa. So funny.
Post a Comment