Things are good with us down here.
I was having technical difficulties with transferring pictures to the blog, thus, the delay in updating.
We did venture out and visit another Utah site (Alana, believe it or not but, it was in October).
We travelled 3 hours southeast to Vernal and visited a dinosaur quarry (yes, a quarry, like in the Flintstones).
I've never been to Drumheller but I think Vernal is to Utah what Drumheller is to Alberta.
I found the quarry to be quite interesting as it has a building built around part of a rock area where dinosaur bones are embedded. There are literally layers of bones.
The bones are layered heavily because there was a flood (Not "THE" flood) and it washed all the bones down the river. Alot of bones are scattered but there are many where the dinosaur was alive and buried so quickly that all the bones are in place.
(there may be a test later...)
The next picture is of Chay's favorite bones at the quarry.
Blade busy working on his workbook to earn his Junior Ranger badge.
I should have taken an after picture but I was so excited to organize everything back into the freezer that I forgot.
Dave celebrated his birthday.
(I took the easy way out this year and let Sam's Club make Dave a carrot cake)
Halloween has come and gone, but we did all the traditional things to celebrate the Holiday.
Blade carved his pumpkin.
(this is a bonus shot that Chay took of Blade twirling around. He does it with such energy that the G-force is enough to distort his face!)
Chay loved how soft the wolves looked AND wanted one.
Blade taking one of his traditional zoo pictures but, looking alot different.
At the Verizon booth, Chay stopped at the different stations and earned himself a free T-shirt. He also got a watch for "liking" them on facebook.
We were watching the gorilla and I had Chay and Blade turn around for a picture. All of a sudden there was this noise and the gorilla literally ran across the room next to the glass....and this picture captures the boys reaction to that sound. And because I HAD to take a picture, the boys missed the action.
Chay had different ideas for a costume but decided at the last minute to be a "nerd". The scary thing is that he had everything he needed in his closet....
(masks are creepy. I don't like it when you can't see the person's face. Even painted faces like with clowns creep me out.)
We put up the same decorations from last Halloween. I had to move a couple because Nicole indicated that there was too much going on in the entry way (alot of sound/motion activated things).
5 comments:
I love updates from you and I'm glad that you waited to post with pictures. You always have great pictures. I don't know when you guys went to Vernal, but the weather looked great - I think Luke would love to go there sometime. Chay made a great nerd and great looking cookies. Happy Birthday to Dave! I am also glad you are teaching Blade about priorities (free treats first). Glad nicole could make an appearance on the blog. Great costumes - i wonder if Blade was smiling for the pictures behind his mask. Miss you guys!
That was a good description of the Vernal Zoo. I won'r have to visit it now,
The kids had great costumes. I laughed at Chay as a Nerd. He looked the part. Blade and Nicoles's costumes
were very good,
Thanks for the update.
Thanks for sharing. Vernal, never heard of it - looked more exciting than Drumheller. The zoo is always a great place to go - it always looks like you have so much fun. Loved all the costumes. Happy Birthday to Dave!
I always love your updates and all your pictures!
I have never heard of Vernal either. I think Tyken would love it there! You guys always do such fun stuff and I love how tight knit your family is!
Happy birthday to Uncle Dave!
I love the Halloween costumes, but agree that masks are creepy! (and Clowns scare me too!) Your cookies looked amazing! What royal icing recipe do you use?
We miss you guys! We'll have to make a trip to Utah sometime! I think our kids would have a lot of fun together.
Mike is talking about more schooling. Utah has come up in some conversations.
Only time will tell...
Love you!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE!!!! Hope it was a good one. Happy 'coming of winter' to you all.
Love Ak
Post a Comment