She's a High School Graduate!
Nicole graduated from West High on June 9th with the ceremonies at the Huntsman Center on the University of Utah campus. It was a busy day there with multiple schools throughout the day.
Nicole graduated from the International Baccalaureate (IB) program and received a medal for that accomplishment. The purple lei is from a Ward member who lives around the corner; that was such a nice surprise. And the candy leis are from friends.
(I was amazed by what you can make leis out of, I saw a guy with one made out of packages of Ramen noodles...and I mean entire unwrapped packages)
We're so proud of what Nicole has accomplished thus far and how well she has done it!
Nicole as she walked back to her seat after receiving her diploma! The first time walking to her seat as a High School graduate!
(it's pronouced "Ki-sa")
The two are a great pair! The same but different. Blue eyes...black eyes. Blonde hair...black hair. Pale skin...tanned skin.
My friend Cindy surprised Nicole with a wonder gift basket to start off the graduation celebrations. Blade was "almost" as excited as Nicole but, couldn't come close. Nicole talked about it for days! ( I have the best of friends! Okay, as Chay would say, "you only have 2 friends", BUT they are the best!)
After the ceremony, Nicole chose to eat at Kyoto's (a Japanese restaurant around the corner and down the street), the first time eating at Kyoto's as a High School graduate!
After the ceremony, Nicole in her excitement, started and ended every sentence with "this is the first time......as a High School graduate.
Nicole will be attending the University of Utah and will be living on campus. She found out who her roommate will be and so far it sounds like it will be a suitable match.
Nicole wanted to go out of State for University, the U of U wasn't even a consideration until I "made" her apply. I've worked at the U for 18.5 years and she can get half tuition, it deserved at least a consideration. Even though we live close to campus, Nicole living on campus is a perfect compromise...She gets to be on her own, and I still have her close, not somewhere by herself across the country.
As the saying goes, "this is the first day of the rest of your life".
The sky is the limit, and Nicole will go far!
9 comments:
Congratulations Nicole...an IB graduate is no small feat- your invitations were divine! and Mom what a great compromise and it sounds like it all worked out fine. Good luck in your university studies but first enjoy the summer! What are you going into.
Congratulations to Dave and Wilma for guiding you through a success 12+5 years! Love AK
ps... did you have a 'dress up' party too? Love to see those pictures!
CONGRATS TO NICOLE!! that is my first time saying that to her as a highschool graduate. She pulls of the cap and gown nicely! how exciting for her to be going on to university!! I sure miss you guys!
ShimbashiCongratulations Nicole! You looked beautiful in your red gown and cap. That is different than the black. I notice the men in black. The Leis are a nice touch..
We are so sorry we couldn't be there to witness it in person. Thanks for internet we don't miss it completely.
I am glad you are going to U of U. You won't seem so far away and you can see family often.
You have done well academically all through school. I am sure that you will do well in the future,
We love you and wish you the best.
Grandma and Grandpa T.
ps I don't know how that shimbashi got in there
at the beginning.
Congrats from the Piepgrass family. If you ever decide to transfer U of Kentucky is a nice place.
CONGRATULATIONS NICOLE!!!
She looked GORGEOUS! An IB Graduate, that is VERY impressive!! Good Work!
I remember Michael used to use the "High School Graduate line" ALL THE TIME!! :) They must be related!
And I love the leis! You should see some of the things people come up with around here. Like Mc donalds meals in a lei. It's kinda crazy!!
That's nice for you to have her Close to home!! Especially with your discounted tuition! But nice for her to be living away from home on campus!
Once again congrats Nicole! That is such an awesome accomplishment! and you are beautiful and I have no doubts you will succeed at anything you set you mind to in life!
Love you!
It was like Nicole graduated in Hawaii. The lei's were a nice touch. So I guess, you don't need to be in Hawaii to have fun.
Nicole look great. Congratulations!
Congratulations Nicole! I don't recall looking that good in a cap and gown...
You looked beautiful!
We are so happy for you, there will be lots of new and exciting things happening this year, enjoy it!
Auntie Wilma you look awesome, you don't look old enough to be the mother of a high school graduate!
We love you all and hope to see you soon! Maybe at a certain "someone's" wedding...
Post a Comment